Garage door problem

diver8718May 18, 2010

Lift master 1280 GDO .light went out on one sensor ,read the blog said unable to bypass protector system . replaced that sensor. green lights steady on both sensors . makes click sound when button is pressed, either the remote or hard-wired buttons. The light on the opener goes on but the motor does not budge.is there a way to diagnose if its the logic board or repair board itself?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Look at the LED on the rear of the motor unit. It may be flashing a code. It will flash a number of times then pause and then repeat. Post back with the code and also if the door is in the open position and you cannot close it.

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 6:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weykool

I have a Craftsman 1/2 HP Model 139.53960SRT Opener on a house I just purchased. This opener opened the garage door without fail and then we noticed the door opened on it's own 3 or 4 times while we were sitting in our living room. I decided to follow the programming instructions on the opener to attempt to re-program the remote. Now the only way the opener will open is with thw wall mounted button. When you program the remote the green light on the opener will come on, then flash when "programmed" as the instructions state it should, however, the remote will not open the garage door at all. HELP PLEASE!
Thanks, Gary

Bookmark   May 24, 2010 at 2:20PM
More Discussions
Siding advice for chimney
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice. Yesterday...
andreadeg
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
katlan
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
coffeemama1
Fixing Spanish Plaster and plaster interior walls (1933 house)
We live in a 1933 Lannon stone home (Lannon stone is...
rachelep
Need a professional locksmith service!
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the reason I registered...
martin-ferdinand
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™