I saved a little yesterday (restaurant tip)

kathy_May 18, 2003

Went to a church auction yesterday and paid $11 for a gift certificate for $20 for a restaurant where we are meeting his relatives today. A church cookbook was thrown in too.

I also bought a gift certificate for a steakhouse we love. Paid $8 for 2 dinner buffets. My brother in law bought a coupon for a free Dairy Queen cake for $8 ($14 value and his son has a birthday coming up). You might want to check out local charity auctions in your area if you want to buy some bargains. There were plenty of cheap pizza coupons too but we are trying to eat healthy. A greenhouse donated some beautiful hangin baskets. There is another auction in the fall and this time I am taking more money. Once in a while it is nice to eat out and better to save a little doing it. Kathy_PA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Momma_Bird_OH

Our church garden committee has a Valentines Day spagetti dinner & silent auction. We have gotten some great bargains at the auction - oil change for $10, 4 treatment lawn service for $40 (the lawn service man told DH it is $160 worth of treatments for a lawn our size!), 4 minor league baseball game tickets for $10, a really nice watch for $10, a hand made quartz braclet for $12 - there are more but I can't think of them.

We LOVE this event and NEVER miss it. Plus, the food is great & they feed the kids in the Sunday School rooms with adult attendants so the parents can enjoy a Valentines dinner alone.

Bookmark   May 18, 2003 at 2:20PM
More Discussions
Harvest forum
There is a forum in the garden web called harvest that...
sewcrazynurse
reusable cloth grocery bags/ save money or not?
I decided to buy some reusable cloth grocery bags from...
bretonb
Money saving idea
Start deep cleaning your home. It is amazing the things...
ellendi
hail damage
is it necessary to have hail damage insurance in MN...
stoveguyy
Need Ideas-Extra Space/Supplemental Income
My wife and I recently had twins which upped our kid...
TomNewEngland
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™