Jerry Baker money saving idea books

Sunny3April 6, 2003

Anybody read any of Jerry Baker's books on money saving ideas or old time home remedies? I was just on his website the other day and noticed the books. Are they as good as the Tightwad Gazette books?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Judith

I don't know if this is the same Jerry Baker that does the gardening books and TV shows but, if it is, I don't reccommend him.

Bookmark   April 11, 2003 at 9:54AM
Sunny3

Yes, it is the same JB who has the gardening books. I can't tell too much about them from his website...

Bookmark   April 12, 2003 at 12:39AM
rhonni

Yes, I have some of his books and I recommend them. He has a very natural approach to gardening and i have used alot of his ideas with much success. You have to be a junior chemist tho!!! For example, there is a houseplant tonic that calls for ammonia, whiskey, plant food, etc. a little of this and a little of that......works pretty good for me tho! I think it's all a matter of preference. Maybe you could find a used book of his on ebay or Amazon, try it that way. Good luck!

Bookmark   April 12, 2003 at 8:47PM
bouncingpig

I have some Jerry Baker books (well, more like "booklets" as they are real thin.) My main complaint is he tends to think everyone lives in Michigan or where ever it is he is from. He doesn't seem to gear for all climates. Also, unless you use whiskey or some of the other items he calls for, by the time you buy these other ingredients the savings just isn't really there. Just my opinion.

Brenda

Bookmark   April 14, 2003 at 2:25PM
joyfulguy

Hi bouncer,

If you can't find a use for the left-over whiskey, I wouldn't be surprised if some of your neighbours could help you out.

That's what we're here for - to help one another make better use of everything.

ole joyfyul

Bookmark   April 15, 2003 at 6:25PM
More Discussions
reusable cloth grocery bags/ save money or not?
I decided to buy some reusable cloth grocery bags from...
bretonb
How some people can make 35% on some of their money ...guaranteed
At a "World MoneyShow" in Toronto last month,...
joyfulguy
Saving money on water
Unfortunately, in this case you may have to spend to...
tim45z10
Savings achieved in daily household routine
When I plan to open a can of frozen juice tomorrow,...
joyfulguy
Holiday decorations
Hey all, I've got a great money saving tip for everyone. You...
TmF1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™