Garden time...........

budsterApril 28, 2008

Just decided to use all those old sets of chopsticks which come free with takeout dinners out to the garden to mark my rows of various vegetables. Yes I know sticks and such work just as well or you can make some but these were handy and hey taking up some room in the junk drawer. Well it works for me.........and what do you use those old chopsticks for? I've read of people making knitting needles from them... and for goofy bun holders(this is for the ladies naturally)...and a kids party activity...they made flags and decorated a backyard with them (didn't last but kept the kids busy). Of course I am sure some of us don't do "chinese take-out" but it was just something I thought I'd ask......so what do you use them for...besides eating I mean! Budster

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

I've used them for crafts. I cut them into small pieces instead of using dowel rods. I've also seen them painted white and made into snowmen.

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 8:56PM
marlingardener

Chop sticks make great seed planters--just poke a hole in the starting mix and plant a seed! I use them to hold down newspaper tents for recently transplanted seedlings. A chopstick right by the seedling to keep the newspaper from smashing the plant, and one at each corner of the newspaper as pegs. I never learned to use chopsticks properly for eating, but as a gardening aid, they're great!

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 10:47AM
jannie

This spring, after a storm, I noticed my beloved (favorite) plants, three bleeding hearts (dicentras) were laying down. I had no chopsticks or popsicle sticks around, so I propped them up with some double-pointed knitting needles. I love knitting, but I love my flowering plants even more!

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 5:56PM
More Discussions
What 'Home Improvements' are worth it?
Hi, I posted this message as a response to the woman...
Eileen_MA
Need Ideas-Extra Space/Supplemental Income
My wife and I recently had twins which upped our kid...
TomNewEngland
Best Money Saving Advice
What do you do that saves a lot of $$$? I know many...
callie25
Barcode on the envelope?
I used a envelope which has barcode on it to send a...
kuangmao
Coupons
I would like to start checking out coupons to save...
alameda/zone 8
Sponsored Products
ELK Lighting Pembroke 10260/1 Swing Arm - Antique Brass - 10W in. - 10260/1
$218.00 | Hayneedle
Pattern Play Throw
| Dot & Bo
Garden Panel Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Linon Salonika Rug In Brown And Natural 5' X 8' RUG-SA0358
Beyond Stores
Denby Heather Jug / Creamer - HEA-023
$71.00 | Hayneedle
Standard Tinkle Bell
$35.50 | FRONTGATE
Chelsea Garden Party Sofa In Diver Algerian
Beyond Stores
DMX Decoder-Studio (24 Channel-3A per Channel)
EnvironmentalLights.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™