I Need A Quality Picture/Document Scanner?

candlerSeptember 19, 2009

I have a lot of pictures and documents I'd like to leave the children. I'd like to put them in on CD's. Some are faded; black and white; odd sized; and so on. I think it's about time I begin working at it.

I have an HP OfficeJet scanner. I have the Jasc Photo processor. I have Nero for burning. I've enhanced a few faded pictures/documents in the past and was impressed. But what I have has been around for at least six years. It's probably considered old technology.

I'm wondering what might be on the market that is better, and especially user friendly. Any suggestions and/or ideas appreciated. Thanks, Gene

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
urlee

Hi Gene,
I have an Epson scanner I bought in 2006 that scans well and allows me to do several things before scanning.
It acted up on me one day and my thinking it broke, ordered an all in one Epson/printer/scanner.
The all in one scans much faster and of course has a feature different from the 2006 in that when it scans to the file I choose, when done, it opens that file up for me to find the scanned picture where the other one scans to the file and I have to locate the file to open up to find my picture.
Otherwise they all scan as good. It's just the features that change if any.
I do all my sizing and fixing in a separate software program called PSP7 and or PSP9.

Bookmark   September 27, 2009 at 5:18PM
More Discussions
Tape to CD or SD card
Some years ago I found an old 8mm movie of family taken...
davestexas
Design for master bathroom
We are in the process of a total home renovation. I...
trublu112
alternative to Adobe Photoshop?
Any suggestions for a more user friendly software that...
dahlia6
Uploading photos
I successfully posted a single pic from my iPad photos ....
buffington22
color matching
Hi. This is a color question. I am in the market for...
daisymaewi5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™