Craftsman opener flashing 4 times

sasquatch_runnerMay 25, 2010

Purchased and installed Craftsman door opener October 2009, model 139.18458DM. Worked great until now. Door will open using remote but won't close. When trying to close door, begins to move then stops immediately. Light flashes 10 times. Door will close when pressing wall switch continuously. One door sensor LED is green and other is yellow. Checked sensor alignment. Cleaned lense on sensors. Vacation button is not activated...no flashing light on wall switch.

The LED light at LEARN button flashes 4 times then off for 4 seconds and repeats this cycle. During the 4 second Off Cycle, LED flashes 4 times so faintly it's difficult to notice it's occuring. If incandescent light bulb is on, the LED flashing during the Off Cycle cannot be seen.

Don't have an instruction manaul. Sure could use some help, thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Safety reversing sensors slightly misaligned (dim or flashing LED).

Tweak the sensors to eliminate.

Bookmark   May 25, 2010 at 9:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sasquatch_runner

Tightened nut on sensor mounting bolt and checked alignment again. I think I was beginning to over analyze the problem. Operates good now with my remote and wall pad. Wife's remote didn't work today so reprogramed it with the learn button and works now. Thanks for the good advice to stick to the basics when troubleshooting. Thanks again!

Bookmark   May 29, 2010 at 11:38PM
More Discussions
Would patio foundation cracks affect the house foundation?
Hi i have a question and i hope that you can answer...
john2525
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
Metal fence panels - steel or aluminum? Best brands?
I want to put up a fence to divide my side yard from...
ktmast
Fixing Spanish Plaster and plaster interior walls (1933 house)
We live in a 1933 Lannon stone home (Lannon stone is...
rachelep
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
dahoov2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™