track phones

brantApril 26, 2003

Does any one have a track phone from kmart or local store. I talked to a cell phone place and they have a hookup for track phones so they told me to buy a phone from a store and just buy the minutes as I need them. The phone is for my husband and he won't be using it all that much. Does a track phone work like a cell phone in roaming and how do we know if we can get service where we are at. Thanks Debbie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adjones826

Tracfone has a website Tracfone Website
There is a place on there that will show you if there is service where you are at.
Basically, when you are in your home calling area, each minutes uses 1 unit of time on your phone. If you are out of your home calling area "roaming" your phone will say "roaming" and 1 minute of call time will use 2 units of time on your phone.
You will need to activate a new card every 60 days to keep your phone active. Unused units roll over when you activate a new card. There are cards that you can buy that are good for a year though too.
I personally like my Tracfone, but I only use it for emergencies or when I really need to call someone and don't have access to a phone.
Angie

Bookmark   April 26, 2003 at 8:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sunny3

I have a tracfone and I think it's the best deal around for people who only use it for emergencies. I got it at one of the 'mart stores and got the $100 card which lasts a year. I think it comes out to around $8.33 per month. I was asking the sales person at the store the same question about if it will get reception wherever you go, and I *think* they said tracfone uses other major phone companies towers so they get top notch reception. (Not sure if that's exactly what they said, so check it out for yourself, but I remember being relieved at her answer.) I had the chance to test it one time when I was driving in a remote area of the Pocono mountains and the reception was fine. I would definitely recommend it. You might also want to check opinions on Amazon.com and epinions.com.

Bookmark   April 30, 2003 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
How to get $1.00 worth of Cdn. charitable value for 50 - 60 cents
If I buy some groceries in the food store and put them...
joyfulguy
How to Retire 35 Years Early
Wall Street Journal's Market Watch did a feature on...
jrb451
Barcode on the envelope?
I used a envelope which has barcode on it to send a...
kuangmao
Coupons
I would like to start checking out coupons to save...
alameda/zone 8
Saving money when using an air condiioner or dehumidifier
This will actually save you money only if you pay for...
joyfulguy
Sponsored Products
Livex Ridgedale 6462-70 3-Light Ceiling Mount in Vintage Bronze - 6462-70
$99.90 | Hayneedle
Red 3528 Quad Row LED Strip Light 450/m 28mm wide Foot
EnvironmentalLights.com
Cole Brushed Nickel Two Light Directional Spotlight with Frosted Clear Rim Glass
$48.17 | Bellacor
akadaHOME 31-inch Wide White Horizontal Organizer
Overstock.com
Comfortex Envision Panel Track Blinds: Polynesian Sands and South Pacific Stripe
Blindsgalore
End Caps for 2 Circuit Monorail by Tech Lighting
$18.40 | Lumens
Wallet-size Replacement Cartridge
$24.50 | FRONTGATE
Progress Lighting Track Lighting Alpha Trak White Floating Canopy Accessory
$11.97 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™