Thoughts on Layout
I posted a scope of my project a few weeks ago and I am getting close on my floor plan and elevations. There are still several things that I am not happy with. For those who did not see my first post the house is a 1956 ranch that is all original, amazing property though. I am doing the project in two phases. The first is kitchen,family room,study,mudroom,laundry/utility room and the second will be a new master suite. Phase one adds about 2200 square feet and phase two will be about 1200. So here are the preliminary floor plans and elevations. A couple notes.
1. I am not happy with the study in the back, its 21X10 which is to narrow.
2. I dont like the way there is no pass through to the other areas without going through the butlers pantry.
3.The kitchen you see is not the actual layout its just there for reference though the range and hood will go in that location.
4. More windows and doors will be added.
5. I am going to add a Gambrel pitch over the garage and the entrance to raise the height of foyer entrance.
6.The gray shaded box in the foyer is the old fireplace which I am going to box in. I will have bio ethanol fireplace in new family room.
7. Once finalized a lot of details will be added but just trying to get layout done.
8. I also posted the original floor plan which is upside down.
Thanks so much