Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8

marthaparthaAugust 6, 2005

I can't figure that software out. No wonder it was free with the computer purchase.

Has anyone had experience with this software?

I was trying to change background colors as part of the tutorial, and I followed instructions and I made a layer and then what?

It left me in mid air.

Should I just uninstall this program?

Or, has anyone found it useful?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenbrat53

Martha, this is a wonderful program!!! I just purchased it a few months ago, and I am so addicted to it, I can't stay off the computer. lol If you do a search for beginners tutorials, for psp there are a lot of really good ones out there. It is a pretty extensive program, so it does take a little while to learn. Keep trying and if you have problems or questions, there is a lot of good help here. Also you might want to join a group, there are lots of them too, great people and very helpful. Good luck.

Bookmark   August 6, 2005 at 8:19PM
marthapartha

Glad to hear it.
I have too many programs that seem to go no where, that came with the computer and photo printers.

Arcsoft 5.5
Adobe Album 2.0 starter edition
Easy Photoprint
Scansoft
Microsoft Office Picture Manager
and so on and on.
I will give it a go again.

marf

Bookmark   August 6, 2005 at 10:42PM
Joy_CA

Marf, here are a couple of PSP forums that might be helpful.
You will have to sign-up to be able to post (free). You can read the threads, without signing-up.

PSPUG (PaintShop Pro Users Group)

Raven's Paint Shop Pro

Joy

Bookmark   August 7, 2005 at 10:21AM
amy_z6_swpa

PSP 8 is the best thing I've ever owned! It is absolutely amazing! I've had it since October 2003 and it's become my main hobby (making graphics). The possibilities are endless. The best way by far to learn it is to just find tutorials on the internet and do them. Trial and error is how you learn to use the program. The undo button and command history are magic. You can make an infinite # of mistakes and just undo them with those.

Try out a bunch of different tutorials; join a graphics group like Kat Korner; or just open up a canvas and start doodling.

Bookmark   August 7, 2005 at 11:27AM
marthapartha

I've added them all to favorites...thank you much.
Maybe even I can do something with this program.
marf

Bookmark   August 7, 2005 at 4:26PM
jacksmum

hi Marf
I don't want to overwhelm you with too many links but thought this might be a good place to get you started on the tutorials.
I still use Paintshop 7 but most tutorials can be used in either and if you run into any problems or have questions just post the tutorial you are working on here and I'm sure we will be able to give you a hand. It's fun learning together
Sue :)

Designs by Joy

Here is a link that might be useful: Designs by Joy

Bookmark   August 7, 2005 at 10:16PM
marthapartha

I think this is terrific.

I'm one of the few that hate summer weather. For me, there's nothing better sitting in the air conditioning learning Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8.

I feel so stupid, I looked at the forum, and I assumed that PSP meant (Adobe) Photo Shop (PC).
This program is so popular, I couldn't have made a more erroneous assumption. First error in judgment that was to my benefit.

Thanks again.

marf

Bookmark   August 8, 2005 at 10:04AM
urlee

Welcome aboard Marf,
Glad to have you here. Stick with it and experience the wonderful feeling we all get when we create something that turns out.
~Urlee~

Bookmark   August 8, 2005 at 9:47PM
More Discussions
test hibiscus
Test Hibiscus
jjlovesflnature
Looking for a new photo sharing site
I've used Photobucket for years, but I find the new...
SnailLover
PSP9 Graphic
I made this banner several years ago using PSP9. I...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Uploading photos
I successfully posted a single pic from my iPad photos ....
buffington22
alternative to Adobe Photoshop?
Any suggestions for a more user friendly software that...
dahlia6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™