Lost PSP in computer crash

jennAugust 22, 2006

When our old PC crashed last year we lost everything - files and programs, including Paint Shop Pro which I purchased on-line at the Corel site.

Now I'd like to re-intall it on our new computer. I feel that I'm still entitled to the product since I paid for it.

How can I get it again on the new computer without having to pay for it again? Will the company provide me with a link to download it if I can find the serial or registration # (crossing my fingers...)?

Jen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kyry

If you have either the serial or registration# I can't imagine why they wouldn't. You can't be the first person that has happened to. But I would really suggest you pay the extra $ for the CD. I only ever had that happen with one program I had downloaded and didn't get the CD, I did have the Registration # written down so I was able to get it reinstalled. Ever since then I make sure I have the CD in my hot little hands. I have already had to replace one computer and replace the harddrive in my second, and it made it much easier. Which version of PSP is it?
Carol

Bookmark   August 22, 2006 at 4:34PM
jenn

Hi Carol,

GOOD NEWS!!! I found the CD!! While looking for information about the version, I found the books(!!) and inside one of them was the invoice of my purchase from Amazon.com in CD-ROM format! (Duh... I turned 50 this year.) So then I started hunting for the CD and found it in a basket in the closet. We've been renovating for a while and just recently finished organizing the office.... but, obviously, not quite. :-/

Anyway....... I have PSP 7.02 & Animation Shop 3

Do you know if I can I upgrade it from the web site to the latest version (which I see is now version 10.03)? I'll see what I can find about this at the web site.

Jen

Bookmark   August 22, 2006 at 11:44PM
jenn

OK, I installed PSP from the CD and then upgraded it to 7.04 from the web site.

However, I don't know how to get beyond that to version 10. I tried upgrading to the first 8.0 patch but the download program looked for ver. 8 on my computer and didn't find it.

How do I get to version 10 from here?

Thanks,
Jen

Bookmark   August 23, 2006 at 12:13AM
kyry

Why don't you just check the price for PSPx on Amazon, or Staples, Office Max etc.? Then you will have the CD and not have to worry.
Carol

Bookmark   August 23, 2006 at 8:02AM
jenn

Carol, I may do that. But, I read some reviews of PSPx at Amazon that are not good.

But still..... how does anyone else upgrade from 7 to 8, and 8 to 9, and 9 to 10? Do they purchase the new version each time? Is there no way to obtain the upgrade from the web site, as a registered user, without paying again and again?

I read through the reference guide last night and I see that I have a lot to learn.......

Jen

Bookmark   August 23, 2006 at 12:06PM
kyry

Yes, with PSP7 I tried the trial version, then ordered the full. PSP8 came installed on my second computer, wasn't as thrilled with that one, seemed to crash alot. So I went to 9 loved it!!!! Then everyone was saying how great PSPX was that I went ahead and purchased it. So glad I did. Like I said I learned on PSP7, tried 8, uninstalled it but still have 7,9,& X on my computer. You can try the trial version from Corel web site for 30 days, but after that you have to purchase it.
Carol

Bookmark   August 23, 2006 at 2:38PM
More Discussions
Genus and species
Can anyone name the genus/species of this Iris? I had...
KTSchooley
Tape to CD or SD card
Some years ago I found an old 8mm movie of family taken...
davestexas
What program for photo editing.....
I'm looking for a fairly simple program/software that...
justlinda
Gotta get new computer.. What PSP will work?
I have XP & gonna have to get a new computer &...
sugar_fl
Questions about Epson PictureMate Photo Lab
I have an Epson PictureMate Personal Photo Lab for...
catherinet
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™