driveway options

elyashApril 23, 2012

I live in Northern NJ and have a very large double black top driveway that desperately needs to be completely redone. I have not had any estimates yet, but I know it is extremely expensive and we have many other things that need to be done in our home. My questions are as follows:

1. What should I expect to pay per square foot in northern NJ to dig up the old driveway and completely resurface it?

2. Can anyone post a sample work proposal description so I know what I need to look for on this job?

3. Can anyone give me names/numbers of reliable companies that they have used?

4. In northern NJ are there less expensive (and perhaps more environmentally friendly) options to asphalt? If so, can you please tell me what they are and describe them. Links to photos would be very helpful.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
harry_wild

Concrete is the way to go! No maintenance! I had blacktop driveways and had to do a recoding of the surface every 4 year or so along with repairing the cracks and sink hole spots. I just went with a new concrete driveway 15 years ago and never look back. No repairs yet!

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 1:35AM
More Discussions
Siding advice for chimney
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice. Yesterday...
andreadeg
Should we raise/fix concrete slab in driveway or wait?
Just moving into a new house this month. So the inspector...
mattsk42
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
katlan
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
sierrashopper
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™