Pass thru window "retrofit"

MisterMetApril 29, 2014

I have a kitchen window that is 120" x 42".
A new window is installed but it looks wrong. It looks like the new vinyl window was installed inside the original frame and partially covered with vinyl trim. I want to get it fixed but I'm not sure where to start.
Please see my picture and any advise would be great.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Ok, could you zoom out and take a picture of the entire unit?

Is this wood frame/drywall construction, or something else?

What is it that you want to accomplish / how much are you willing to spend to do it?

Here's the thing: Yes, I think you are correct, they put a replacement window inside the frame of an existing unit.
Clearly this was done to "get in and get out" without disturbing the drywall, etc. and it doesn't look great.

The alternative is taking out the window, removing the metal frame, possibly getting into some drywall, exterior siding, etc.
and getting a new window unit that fits the opening.

    Bookmark   May 2, 2014 at 8:20AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Metal fence panels - steel or aluminum? Best brands?
I want to put up a fence to divide my side yard from...
Roof repair -- fair price?
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here and...
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
2x8 Joists are 1.75x7.75 and 2x6 Joists are 1.75x5.75? why is this?
I know that lumber is smaller than actually stated...
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™