Fypon

jerry_njApril 29, 2010

I am looking to replace a triangular vent (about 64" wide and 28" high, steep roof) that is at least 25' from the nearest eye... and I suppose anything that is white will look like wood.

I found a pre-made unit on the web made out of Fypon. Any opinions on this material? I assume it will not rot, chip or peel... but it should at least resemble wood.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mongoct

Good material. Can be pricey, but it's well made and the molded details are pretty good.

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 1:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerry_nj

Thanks, I already decided without ever seeing it. I have seen plastic woods, Lowes and HD carry some trim that is plastic (whatever) and it has a wood grain appearance. The application I have is at the peak of a two story house, triangular louvers. Five feet wide with a 8/12 rise. I'd like this to not need future painting as it is getting beyond my age to get to the top of my 32' ladder. As for price, about $150 with tax and delivery to my home. I suppose one could make one from about $50 worth of wood, but assembling on the ground it would be very heavy to lift up there. I also understand the Fypon is relatively light weight.

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 8:17PM
More Discussions
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
deandiamond
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
sierrashopper
2x8 Joists are 1.75x7.75 and 2x6 Joists are 1.75x5.75? why is this?
I know that lumber is smaller than actually stated...
tlbean2004
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
What type of wall is this and how do I fix it?
The bottom part of my closet interior wall is crumbling,...
sippy_spence
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™