Craftsman Garage Door opener not closing properly
Please help me diagnose my problem if you can.
Here's my Craftsman Garage-Door Opener Model# 139.53985
Here's what it's been doing the past three weeks:
1. Stopping when closing (numerous times) (lights blinking and etc when this happens) - taking about 2-10 or more times of pressing either the car remote, wireless (outside remote) or indoor wall mount.
2. Usually happens now with the cooler weather in the morning.
3. Shuts off all together (loses power) after repeated attempts to keep closing.
4. Sometimes instead of just stopping, the opener will attempt to raise the door (before we have a chance to press the button to close it again).
Here's what I've done: (I assembled and installed it four years ago, so I'm certain it was completed correctly.)
1. Cleaned sensors.
2. Made certain sensors were still properly aligned.
3. Made certain the receiving sensor was not impeaded by sun light or any other obstacle.
4. Made sure sending sensor had the orange light, receiving the green light and that they are both "solid".
5. Neither sensor is blocked by any obstacle.
6. Disconnected garage door from opener to make sure the garage door coil was working properly (not overloading the opener). Nothing wrong with the coil. Door manually opened and closed smoothly.
7. Tweaked the "up" and "down" pressure on the opener. Everything fine there.
8. Tweaked the "up" and "down" travel on the opener. Everything fine there.
9. Unplugged both sensors at the unit to make sure the opener immediately stopped when either of the remotes were pushed to "lower" the garage door.
Re-plugged both sensors in, just incase everything might have just been a wire connection problem. Problem still exists.
Re-set all remotes (never know....)
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.