government funding - those 'books' to give you tips for 'free'

roseyp8255March 1, 2005

i have been 'perusing' forums - saw some questions on a threat ref: the books on gov't funding sources, etc. Thought I would put my two cents in, since I write and manage grants for a living, for state government.

There are numerous government sites, and foundation sites, to look into. www.cfda.gov (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance) lists nearly all the government programs. Specific information on government programs for homeowners can be found through FHA, HUD, etc. Also good links to other information sites.

Type Foundation Center in quotes in a search engine to get information on foundation funding. It also should give you numerous other sites.

That said, I am NOT the end-all of knowledge with regard to grants - but i have been doing this for 10 years (seems like forever) - and I HATE the thought of someone paying hard-earned dollars for info that is generally available for free via the Internet.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cowboyind

That's a really good point. The people who compile those books, in fact, probably just peruse all of the freely available government information and put it together in one volume to sell for $44.95 or whatever.

Also, if you really believe that there is a lot of great information in there that you can't get elsewhere, most of these books are available in a public library.

Bookmark   March 5, 2005 at 2:33PM
More Discussions
Savings achieved in daily household routine
When I plan to open a can of frozen juice tomorrow,...
joyfulguy
How to Retire 35 Years Early
Wall Street Journal's Market Watch did a feature on...
jrb451
Off topic: A sad tale but also true...
A widow friend of mine was telling me today about the...
budster
Which smartphone for PagePlus?
Looking for help for my first smartphone purchase,...
wonderinginnh
Best Money Saving Advice
What do you do that saves a lot of $$$? I know many...
callie25
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™