Craftsman GDO Won't stay .closed

elvislawlessApril 16, 2009

Our GDO is a crafsman 1/2 hp. The door opens fine, however when it closes it stays closed all the way for about a three count and then opens back up. Any suggestions and help would be apprecited.

R-

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elvislawless

Forgot to mention...the only thing I see that may be a reason is there is alot of slack in the chain, it hangs down 3-4 inches. Any ideas on hoe to adjust this...thanks again.

Rob-

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 5:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

It sounds like your door is hitting the floor and the safety is reversing it. On the side of the motor unit you will find a couple controls. One is the 'down limit'. Turn this control a turn or two in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. You may have to tweak it a bit to get it just right. Remember when you run the opener to adjust this you may cause it to shut off on the thermal overload. Just wait about 15 minutes and it will reset itself.

There are adjusting nuts on the trolley which is the thing the door is connected to. Don't over tighten the chain. It should sag a little. If it is mis-adjusted you will hear a clicking sound when it is running.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 5:11PM
More Discussions
Curtain Rods
Hi, I am not sure where to post this so my apologies...
newquilter
Leaning picket fence
I recently purchased my house and for whatever reason,...
media529
Water Drip Stain on Roof Fascia?
My roof edge on the corners of the front porch is leaving...
pbx2
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
tlbean2004
Fixing Spanish Plaster and plaster interior walls (1933 house)
We live in a 1933 Lannon stone home (Lannon stone is...
rachelep
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™