Craftsman Garage Door Opener Motion Sensing Light

tree_guy_bobApril 3, 2009

Last week I installed three new Model 139.53915D Belt drive openers. All work flawlessly, EXCEPT the ability to toggle on/off the motion sensing light feature.

I've followed the very simple "10 second" Craftsman instructions to the literal "T"...no luck. Two other mechanically intuitive friends also carefully read the manual, and then attempted to turn off the auto light also...no luck.

What am I overlooking? Thanks in advance, Don!! I don't want six bulbs burning every time I set foot in the garage.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

To have your lights come on automatically when you walk in an open garage you must START with the lights ON. If you don't want that feature and you want to turn it off, you must START with the lights OFF.

To turn the feature on, turn the lights on manually with the wall switch, then press and hold the LIGHT button for about 10 seconds until the motor unit light bulbs flash.

Now, if the light bulbs are on, manually turn them out and then walk out through the open door. The light bulbs should come on.

To disable this feature, start with the light bulbs OFF and everything else is the same.

Bookmark   April 6, 2009 at 9:48AM
More Discussions
foul intermittent smell somewhere?????
So here's our problem. We have lived in our house for...
curtzilla
Would patio foundation cracks affect the house foundation?
Hi i have a question and i hope that you can answer...
john2525
Metal fence panels - steel or aluminum? Best brands?
I want to put up a fence to divide my side yard from...
ktmast
Jacking house up
Ok the first time I posted in wrong place. I'm going...
music9704
Leaning picket fence
I recently purchased my house and for whatever reason,...
media529
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™