Garage Door Opener

kbr81911April 9, 2010

I recently moved and have a garage with a garage door opener that the remote has been lost. It is a Craftsman 139.53415SR. I want to buy a new remote, but for the life of me, I can not find any dip switches in the unit itself so that I can program both when (or if) I get a new remote. This opener was manufactured in 1991 and still works and I hate to have to purchase a new one. I have found remotes but I want to make sure I can reprogram the unit before I make any purchases. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Your opener does not have dip switches. The remote you need is number 53778 and is available from Sears for $39.00. To program the opener once you get the remote you need to locate the smart/learn button on the rear of the motor unit near where all those white wires go. Press and hold the button on the remote while you press and release the smart/learn button. This should do the trick for you.

Bookmark   April 9, 2010 at 4:18PM
More Discussions
Huge hole in floor joist? should i worry?
I had my crawlspace inspected yesterday because i was...
tlbean2004
Garage door wont open, no other way into garage
Hi all, I've a unique problem here. I had a problem...
wheelie
Leaning picket fence
I recently purchased my house and for whatever reason,...
media529
Stranges lines in frost pattern on roof
I have these lines on the roof when there is a frost....
cswartzwelder
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™