Construction Dust and Dirt - How to get rid of it?

rrs626April 3, 2007

When our remodel started so did a late snow! The construction has gone on but the windows are closed. There is dust all over -- any tips on how we can get rid of it? Hopefully, the weather will warm up some so we can air out the house. We have changed the air filter and will keep doing that. Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coolvt

If you decide to vaccum it, and I don't know of any other way to do it, you can use a shop vac. but you really should get a high density, disposable paper bag to put in the vac. It really does make a difference. Otherwise the finest dust just comes back into the room.
After you've vacced and if things still seem dusty you might have to go over the walls, ceiling and floors with a damp rag. I do the walls and ceiling wiht a rag tied around either a broom or a dustmop.

Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 4:22PM
formulaross

Ditto the above and repeat each day!

Bookmark   April 4, 2007 at 9:50AM
tommyw

I agree with the Shop Vac ... when I started my kitchen remodel I could not believe the amount of dust/dirt. I purchased the special bags for cement dust and sheetrock dust collection and WOW what a difference! Whenever I began dust producing work - I just turned on the Shop Vac.

Bookmark   April 4, 2007 at 12:28PM
sombreuil_mongrel

Hi,
I'd recommend a hepa-filter shop vac (like a Festool), microfiber cloths, including swiffers, and rinsing with water/white vinegar, which gets rid of drywall/plaster dust haze on the floor.
Casey

Bookmark   April 4, 2007 at 4:40PM
More Discussions
foul intermittent smell somewhere?????
So here's our problem. We have lived in our house for...
curtzilla
Water Drip Stain on Roof Fascia?
My roof edge on the corners of the front porch is leaving...
pbx2
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
deandiamond
Need a professional locksmith service!
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the reason I registered...
martin-ferdinand
Fixing Spanish Plaster and plaster interior walls (1933 house)
We live in a 1933 Lannon stone home (Lannon stone is...
rachelep
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™