Roofer or Contractor

goldensmomApril 14, 2009

I need to replace my old bubble skylights and need venting put in my attic through the roof. I am wondering who installs them. A roofer or contractor?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Well established, reputable roofing contractors. Get more than one estimate. Ask friends, family, co-workers for referalls and ask the roofing contractors for references. You can also ask them to give you adresses of recent projects so you can see their work. Make sure they are licensed and insured and will back their work in writing.

    Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 1:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Make sure they do a good job with the flashing around the skylight, as that can be a key source of leaks.

    Bookmark   April 15, 2009 at 2:12PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Garage door wont open, no other way into garage
Hi all, I've a unique problem here. I had a problem...
Need a professional locksmith service!
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the reason I registered...
Curtain Rods
Hi, I am not sure where to post this so my apologies...
Leaning picket fence
I recently purchased my house and for whatever reason,...
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™