Venting bathroom

tombobApril 8, 2009

The most logical place to vent my bathroom is through the roof, which is only about five feet above the vent. The Broan model vent uses a 3" hose. What type of roof vent do I use to connect it to? I do not want to go through a soffit which would involve about a 15' run up and over attic obstacles. Through an exterior wall is not an option either.

A buddy suggested 3" PVC pipe going through a roof boot and equipping it with an elbow to keep out rain and strainer end to keep out birds.

There has to be a specially made roof vent.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

See below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is one type

    Bookmark   April 8, 2009 at 8:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

They sell them at home depot and lowes. I purchased 2 last year . I believe they are made by broan.

Here is a link that might be useful: roof vent

    Bookmark   April 9, 2009 at 11:54AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Garage door wont open, no other way into garage
Hi all, I've a unique problem here. I had a problem...
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
2x8 Joists are 1.75x7.75 and 2x6 Joists are 1.75x5.75? why is this?
I know that lumber is smaller than actually stated...
Need a professional locksmith service!
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the reason I registered...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™