Craftsman Garage Door Keypad Problem

dsmlexyApril 8, 2008

I also posted this under Garages/Workshops, but I'm desperate for help, so I will post here as well:

I have a Craftsman garage door opener that was installed by a previous owner and lack an owner's manual.

My remote only worked a couple of times after I bought the place, so I've been punching in my code on the keypad to open the door. The door started acting funny - closing, then occasionally re-opening. I changed the keypad code 2 weeks ago and everything has been fine, until today.

I entered my code and the keypad started blinking, usually if I press 'enter' again, the door will open. Today it didn't. I tried re-entering my code, with the same result.

The keypad panel has instructions on how to reset the code and how to set a temporary pin. I tried the temporary pin procedure, but it is difficult to pull off when you can't see if the motor light is blinking.

My car is locked in the garage. (detached garage)

I don't know the model number on the motor, but my remote is model #139.53681B (I only have one)

The keypad has one section that looks like it can be removed - one tiny screw holds it on - I think this is where the battery is? (I don't have a screwdriver small enough to open it)

Ideas on what is wrong with the keypad?

Any suggestions on how to get the door open?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

f the only way into your garage is the main garage door I would recommend you call a door technician. They can usually drill a small hole and snare the rope for the manual release. They can then install a keyed release in this hole in case of future problems. They could also repair or replace your opener at the same time.

Bookmark   April 8, 2008 at 11:38AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pipiclover99_live_com

I have the same problem and got new key pad and it still don't work

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 7:42PM
More Discussions
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
coffeemama1
Roof leaking due to antique bricks? (X-post with Bldg a Home)
Good morning! We are having a problem with our new...
cvazqu
What type of wall is this and how do I fix it?
The bottom part of my closet interior wall is crumbling,...
sippy_spence
Curtain Rods
Hi, I am not sure where to post this so my apologies...
newquilter
Water Drip Stain on Roof Fascia?
My roof edge on the corners of the front porch is leaving...
pbx2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™