almost 6 dollars US for unleaded gas in Scotland

quiltingbunnyMarch 13, 2003

ya wonder why we take the bus to work? why I walk more?

makes ya even think twice about holidays!

it could be worse???

McPeg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
windchime

Wow. I hear that the mass transit systems abroad are much better than here. I could drive 5 miles to the train station and take a train direct to NYC, but I can't get a bus to the local mall (less than 5 miles away.) Oh well. I like it here. If I lived in NYC I'd definitely be taking mass transit everywhere. MIL is from the city and didn't get a driver's license until she had been living in Jersey for a couple of years.

I hope you have a lock on your gas cap.

Bookmark   March 13, 2003 at 9:45PM
trekaren

Ours went up. Last Sunday I filled up for $1.46, and today it's $1.60. That's a big jump for 5 days.

I should be thankful. I hear GA has the lowest prices in the country on average.

Bookmark   March 14, 2003 at 7:14AM
keli_or

quiltingbunny,

I guess that puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?

I remember back in the early '90s I worked with a guy who was from Scotland. He went out and bought the largest car he could find that was made around 1975 (gas guzzler). At the time I was driving a little sipper Geo Metro that got 45 mpg. I asked him what his logic was and he said that gas was so expensive in the UK, we didn't know how good we had it here in the US!! He was going to drive the kind of car he could never afford to have back home!!!

I guess $2/gallon isn't bad when you look at it that way!!

Keli

Bookmark   March 14, 2003 at 11:15AM
talley_sue_nyc

and we wonder why all the cars in Europe are tiny little tin cans--at least most of them!

I live in NYC and have a car, but I use it very little. (there are still some places mass transit doesn't connect very well)

Here in NYC the mass transit works best at bringing people in to the center of Manhattan and back out again--like the spokes of a wheel. It doesn't always do that good a job at taking people around th erim or between the spokes.

Bookmark   March 14, 2003 at 4:30PM
More Discussions
How some people can make 35% on some of their money ...guaranteed
At a "World MoneyShow" in Toronto last month,...
joyfulguy
Problem: 400 lbs. meat, 90 degr heat, power outage 6 hour, ongoin
When the power went out just after 4 p.m. Thursday,...
joyfulguy
How to get $1.00 worth of Cdn. charitable value for 50 - 60 cents
If I buy some groceries in the food store and put them...
joyfulguy
Barcode on the envelope?
I used a envelope which has barcode on it to send a...
kuangmao
kitchen sink size???
What is the best size for a kitchen sink? I am thinking...
abekker
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™