Makita Sawsall

shelbyscottApril 19, 2010

my Sawzall (Makita) only works when it wants to? can anybody point me in the right direction? i am pretty handy at fixing stuff. My first thought are the brushes but they are OK what else would make it work sometimes but not all of the times.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazypup

Having had a number of Makita reciprocating saws I can think of two problems that will cause the symptoms you describe.

1. A defective trigger switch.
Solution, change the switch.

2. Dirty on the armature.
Disassemble the motor and clean the contact surface where the bushes contact the armature. Begin by spraying the armature contact surfaces with "Contact cleaner" and if that doesn't clean it sufficiently you can rub the surfaces with an "Ink Eraser" to burnish the surface without causing excessive scratches or pits.

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 11:55AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobismyuncle

I have had problems with several of my Porter-Cable tools where the wire frays where it comes out of the tool. Part of the problem is that their cases require you to put a good bend in the wire to get it to fit in the case. I finally put insulated spade connectors on my router so that I could cut another foot off the cord and not have to worry about the wires on the motor side.

I've also had problems listed above and dust in the switch.

Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 2:02PM
More Discussions
Need advice for gap under door frame
Hi, We had a contractor install pre-hung interior doors,...
pam27d2001
How to stop leak in flat low slope roof
We have a low slope roof over our sunroom and car port....
thebigad
T1-11 siding: Replacing rusted z-flashing?
I have several questions about z-flashing for T1-11...
rogerv_gw
how did gap between floor and wall close up by itself?
I have hardwood floors and there is/was a spot at the...
tlbean2004
home ventilation system (EZ Breathe)
Hello! Has anyone out there had the EZ Breathe Ventilation...
kaybree
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™