Slightly O/T Remodel ???

idie2liveNovember 9, 2009

I hope this is ok to ask on this board (no other seems to fit). If not, I'm sorry.

As a result of a possible planned addition to my house, I want to move my driveway (very small yard). The problem is that there is a utility pole on the corner of the yard with 2 guide/support wires extending approx 8' across the yard. In order to move the driveway they would need to move back. Well, I called the electric company and they responded promptly and agreed to come out and look. It turned out that one cable belonged to them and they moved it back 5' the next week, free of charge! Yeah!

The other line belonged to the phone company and they proved to be a bigger challenge. Since I do not have service with them, they initially did not even want to talk to me! I finally got a number to call, but have had no real success in getting answers. I'll keep nagging them (may change my phone service back to see if this helps). But I was wondering if this sort of thing has happened to any of you during your remodels.

Loretta

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie

the problem is that your deed gives them the right of way to that area. you may can get them to move it, but usually not. their engineers determined years ago that the pole required the back guide at that point, and they will stick to that determination.

good luck! i HOPE you get someone who has at least half a brain working on it!

Bookmark   November 9, 2009 at 2:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
idie2live

Thanks Davidandkasie, I know I'll need lots of luck. And they have the nerve to keep writing/calling me to change my phone service back! lol

Bookmark   November 9, 2009 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
Should wiring be updated if you're going down to the studs?
Everything is coming out, and the house is over 60+...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Removing brick and install what?
Just for the sake of discussion...if one was to remove...
mlo1
Design and Planning a Remodel/Addition on a Budget
I bought my first home three years ago and had grand...
gzehnder
Replacing shower recessed light with vent/light
Our house has a 6" can light over the bath/shower....
postalgbv
Inquiry into Counterfeit Faucet Certification Marks.
Faucets sold in North America are regulated. They are...
StarCraft Custom Builders
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™