Desparately Seeking Help With Picture

sapphiresApril 22, 2006

Hi Everyone,

I have tried to accoomplish this but just can't seem to do it. My goal is to change the faces on these pics to artist black pencil and crop just the faces to insert into a Word Doc I am going to do. Changing the pic to artist black pencil is easy, but do you crop the face after or before changing it to black pencil. Once cropped do you cut and paste as new image, new layer???? I go so lost. Would someone please crop the faces and turn the faces into artist black pencil for me so I can then just have the face pics to use in what I am doing in Word? Thank you. In the pic of the two girls, I only need the child on the right. The second pic well these only one child there, I need her face as well. Thank you ever so much. Perhaps you can tell me how you did it for future reference. I just need the faces not so much of their forehead or hair. Sorry these are so big, I don't know why. These are my granddaughters. Thank you.

Sapphires

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jacksmum

Ahhhh they are adorable.
Hope this is what you meant
Sue :)

Bookmark   April 22, 2006 at 7:11PM
reduc500

I know I can't help you but they sure are cute!
Judy

Bookmark   April 22, 2006 at 8:44PM
urlee

Sue,
Those are great!
I wasn't sure as to what she wanted.
Urlee

Bookmark   April 23, 2006 at 7:49AM
Elaine_Canada

Sue - You did a really great job, cute girls to work with. I wonder what project she is doing in Word with these? Interesting to know what people are doing with their graphics.

Bookmark   April 23, 2006 at 9:21AM
kyry

Boy Sue, you did a great job on those!
Carol

Bookmark   April 23, 2006 at 10:18AM
sapphires

Sue,
That is exactly what I wanted. Would you please email me and tell me step by exactly how you did it. I know I will need that knowledge to do it again in the future.

My granddaughters love hidden pictures or I Spy books. So I wanted to insert and HIDE their face in a hidden picture. It will be a hoot. After they have found all the hidden things and their face I will keep the hidden picture sheet and put in their scrapbook. Perhaps I will hide a pic of their dog or special toy in the next hidden picture.

Sue, thank you so much for helping me with this. I look forward to your instructions on how to do this myself.

Sapphires

Bookmark   April 23, 2006 at 2:12PM
jacksmum

Hi Sapphires
I'm so glad I was able to help - LOL I must finally be getting the hang of PSP after all these years!!

I have a very busy today so tomorrow I will sit down and redo one and write step by step directions for you.

HUGS

Bookmark   April 23, 2006 at 5:40PM
jacksmum

Back again :)

Hi Sapphires I hope this helps

I thought I'd just put the steps here in case anyone else in interested as well.

Crop pic to a head a shoulders view leaving some background.
Duplicate Layer and work on the duplicated one.
Negative image
Greyscale
Set blend mode to dodge - image will go white (don't panic)
Blur - Gaussian blur - about 3 but play with the setting till your happy with it.
Layers - Merge visible.

Free hand selection tool - point to point, mode - Add, Feather 3. Cut around the area you want to keep - you don't need to be too fussy but try to stay inside the lines you want.

Copy - Paste as new image.

That should be all you need to do.

This is a full face one - sorry about the top of her hair but it wasn't in the photo - you could always clone some in :)

Bookmark   April 24, 2006 at 3:23AM
urlee

Very good Sue,
I did it using 9 and had to search for everything but found them and it worked great!

Bookmark   April 24, 2006 at 8:54AM
Elaine_Canada

Hi sapphires - Thanks for explaining your project - I remember you asking about this very thing in the winter I believe it was. You were going to make an I Spy picture for your grandchildren at that time. I just wrote to you and hope you will contact me off the list.

Elaine

Bookmark   April 24, 2006 at 11:07AM
sapphires

Sue,
I really appreciate your help. I got lost at CROP! LOL. Once I get the square around the face, what am I clicking on? Cut, Copy what? And then where do I Paste it? Once cropped can't I just use Effects Artist Pencil? Is there a way to do it easier than your above directions. I am so clumbsy with PSP7. If not I will keep trying with your instructions. Thanks for your kindness, time and help. You are ALL great people here.

Sapphires

Bookmark   April 24, 2006 at 3:43PM
jacksmum

Hi Sapphires.
I'm going to try and write it out in easier to follow steps and add some screen shots for you to follow.

You can use the artist pencil but I find doing it manually gives you more control over the look.

I can't attach files from here to your email so if you email me I can do it as a word document for you.

jacksmum91@hotmail.com

Bookmark   April 25, 2006 at 5:51AM
sugar_fl

Sue I think I followed your instruction correctly but didn't work for me. I am using PSP7.. could that be the problem?
I'll just have to wait for your new instuctions I guess..
Thanks for taking the time to help us.
Sugar

Bookmark   April 25, 2006 at 3:28PM
jacksmum

Hi Sugar
It should work fine in 7. The tools might be in slightly different places but it can do this. Check you have the feather set to about 3 when using the selection tool.

Email me and I'll send you the document I wrote with step by step instructions. If you're still stuck after that I'll try doing the same thing using PSP 7 (I worked in version 9).

EMAIL:
jacksmum91@hotmail.com

Bookmark   April 25, 2006 at 6:21PM
sapphires

Elaine,
I tried emailing you twice and it came back to me. So I emailed you at the hotmail email instead.

Sapphires

Bookmark   April 25, 2006 at 7:36PM
Elaine_Canada

I haven't received anything on my hotmail address yet, but I'll wait and see if something comes through.

Elaine

Bookmark   April 25, 2006 at 7:57PM
jacksmum

Sapphires You have mail.
Hope it makes sense :)
Sue.

Bookmark   April 25, 2006 at 8:23PM
sapphires

Elaine,
If you have a spam folder check there sometimes my emails get sent there because my addy starts with "medicated", lol.

Sapphires

Bookmark   April 25, 2006 at 9:05PM
Elaine_Canada

Oh oh - I'm sorry, will you please just send again and I'll be more careful about dumping everything in that folder. I keep it cleaned out. I'll watch for it - sorry.
Just resend please. Elaine

Bookmark   April 26, 2006 at 10:30AM
More Discussions
test hibiscus
Test Hibiscus
jjlovesflnature
Looking for a new photo sharing site
I've used Photobucket for years, but I find the new...
SnailLover
Reduc500 Judy is very ill
Hi Everyone, I am trying to contact all those who might...
thirdfrt
alternative to Adobe Photoshop?
Any suggestions for a more user friendly software that...
dahlia6
Uploading photos
I successfully posted a single pic from my iPad photos ....
buffington22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™