What kind of weather stripping?

jaxoMarch 14, 2011

I'm looking for something to fill in these gaps around the doors without making it difficult to close the door or require slamming or pushing against the door to close the deadbolt.

Look at the light leaking around the door. I can feel cold air in the winter and bugs probably come into the house through these caps.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

There is no weather stripping on the jamb?

If there is a slot, use the kind shown in the link.

If there is no slot, The next easiest type to install is an old fashioned brass or copper V shaped strip that is nailed to the jamb.

Here is a link that might be useful: Weather stripping video

    Bookmark   March 15, 2011 at 1:46AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Roof leak - strange behavior
I hope someone can help here... History: our roof...
Fixing a small drywall mark?
I accidentally tapped the corner of my iPad against...
adjusting stop on lazy susan
Hi all, I have recently moved into an older home with...
Removing mold from joint compound container
I have a container of Sheetrock All Purpose Joint Compound...
Need help with shower tiles! Ceramic?
Please help me identify the preexisting tile in my...
Sponsored Products
Cleo Chair
Grandin Road
Sedona Outdoor Dining Chair with Cushion, Patio Furniture
Patio Living Concepts Tables San Juan 30 in. Outdoor Bisque Lamp with Lacquer
Home Depot
Grip-EZ Triple Peeler
$14.99 | zulily
Trump Home Briarcliff Fifteen-Light Weathered Umber Chandelier
Justice Design Group ALR-8514 - Rondo 4 Light Bath Bar - Cylinder with Flat Rim
$380.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™