What do you do with extra coupons?

ReaderPhilFebruary 3, 2003

I get two daily papers with nearly weekly coupon inserts. I use very few of them but hate throwing out the unused ones. Any suggestions as to how they could be put to good use??? I would really appreciate them. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bouncingpig

Many stores have a bin in which you can put coupons and also take coupons. Sort of a casual coupon exchange. I know all the Albertson's around here do.

Brenda

Bookmark   February 3, 2003 at 5:59PM
lazy_gardens

I give the pet product ones to the animal shelter, and the baby stuff ones to the battered women's shelter, and any good personal care ones to the prostitute's sheltre (no kidding ... three blocks away)

Bookmark   February 4, 2003 at 8:58AM
Bridget

I leave them on the store shelves. Only 4 or 5 per aisle because I don't want to get the employee who works that aisle in trouble for having a mess on her shelves.

Bookmark   March 19, 2003 at 5:56PM
CindyBelleZ6NJ

I give many to friends, I give all the pet food/accessories/ cat litter ones to the animal shelter, I leave some in the store near products when I have time to do that. I mostly ask my friends if there are any they want me to keep an eye out for, and as long as it's not one I use, I give it to them. Good excuse to get together for 20 mins.

Bookmark   March 19, 2003 at 6:23PM
talley_sue_nyc

I put them in the recycle bin.

Bookmark   March 20, 2003 at 1:28PM
joyfulguy

Gather a few friends who're interested in coupon exchange, at a time convenient for everyone, at the home of the person closest to the major store. While coffee and interesting conversation takes place, exchange the relevant coupons.

Maybe even share vehicle(s) to the store - conserve precious fuel as well as save money.

Just an idea.

By the way - I've suggested that you make a list of all names of friends with their skills and interests. Maybe list available coupons as one component of a newsletter dealing with frugality or other interesting issues that you pass around to the friends.

joyful guy

Bookmark   March 21, 2003 at 3:33PM
Deb_NE

I send some to the military bases, as they can even use expired coupons up to 6 months. Deb

Bookmark   March 28, 2003 at 10:07AM
harleygal1971

I am with Deb,

Bookmark   October 31, 2008 at 2:49PM
Cynic

Somehow I have trouble spending a couple dollars in gas to bring a 50¢ coupon to someone... (sigh) But that's me. If I know I'm going to see someone who uses a particular coupon, I'll bring it with and give it to them if they want it. Otherwise most get recycled. My coupon use has dwindled. Just not a lot of them out there for things I buy. Speaking of which... I was in some stores this week looking at dish soap going up 28%, frozen potatoes up 95%, fresh taters up about the same, canned veggies up about 40%.... Oh well, they keep telling me the economy is sound.

I had to chuckle at one store. "Clearance" endcap with 30% off. Which put the prices to what they were when those items were put on the shelf a few months ago!

Bookmark   October 31, 2008 at 9:59PM
More Discussions
Coupons
I would like to start checking out coupons to save...
alameda/zone 8
Harvest forum
There is a forum in the garden web called harvest that...
sewcrazynurse
What about saving money when renovating?
Does anyone have any tips for that?
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
How some people can make 35% on some of their money ...guaranteed
At a "World MoneyShow" in Toronto last month,...
joyfulguy
Saving money on water
Unfortunately, in this case you may have to spend to...
tim45z10
Sponsored Products
Corona 7 Piece Outdoor Patio Sectional Set in Espresso Orange
$1,425.00 | LexMod
Illumine Lamps 1-Light Satin Nickel/Polished Chrome Table Lamp White Fabric
Home Depot
Kartell | Sparkle Stool
$320.00 | YLighting
Bursting Art Print in Cocoa
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Crystal Cylinder 16" High Chrome Wall Sconce
Lamps Plus