Thanks for Tightwad Links, Kathy

Eileen_MAFebruary 16, 2004

I've been looking for books and tips for frugal living - Some people mentioned Millionaire Next Door, was that any good? Just found Kathy's Tightwad links posted last Feb. and have been enjoying them. Haven't gotten around to Possum Living yet ... but I'll check it out! I'll read anything, another viewpoint is never too extreme to me unless I'm forced to live by it!

Anyone read anything else they can recommend - already have Back to Basics and some of the old Mother Earth News publications.

Thanks in advance!

Eileen :-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yellowhair

There's a site called "organizedhome.com" that has several recipes and tips for OAMC---also has cleaning and other topics.

Bookmark   February 17, 2004 at 12:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Eileen_MA

Thanks for the links!

I never thought of doing a search for frugal homemaking in general, too, until I visited the above sites. I can see why some people sit in front of their computers all day to type in different keyword combos to see what they come up with. All were free sites or pages and most had alot of good tips but, haven't had much time thoroughly explore them - was just "surfing". I'll add a follow-up to the above lists when I can better judge if some of these are potentially worth a look if we're looking for some frugal recreation.

Eileen :-)

Bookmark   February 22, 2004 at 10:01AM
More Discussions
Saving money on water
Unfortunately, in this case you may have to spend to...
tim45z10
Harvest forum
There is a forum in the garden web called harvest that...
sewcrazynurse
Need Ideas-Extra Space/Supplemental Income
My wife and I recently had twins which upped our kid...
TomNewEngland
Is this freebie site safe to use?
I found this site today but wasn't sure if I should...
marie26
Coupons
I would like to start checking out coupons to save...
alameda/zone 8
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™