???'s about PSP X..............

Zipper_TXMarch 2, 2006

I just got a new computer it has PSP X trial version installed on it and I have a few questions, please and thank you.....

1) Why is it called Corel PSP X instead of Jasic, is there a difference?

2) If it's the same then where are the drawing tools?

TIA, I thought I had several more questions, but it's late and my brain just shut down lol.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elaine_Canada

Finally a question I can answer. The program PSP was sold by Jasc to Corel, therefore a new name.

Try opening PSPX, click on Toolbar and scroll to Tools and make sure there is a check there, to show the toolbar. All the tools should show up down the left side of the program including the drawing tool, which I believe is third from the bottom, and looks like a pen nib. There are drop down arrows beside some of the tools, click to see what they are.
You must have an image open for the tools to be active.

Hope this helps you - new versions are always a pain until you find your way around. Personally, I never quite make it before the next version comes out!
Elaine

Bookmark   March 3, 2006 at 7:38AM
urlee

Zipper,
1.Corel bought out Jasc and HORNED in on PSP.
2.As with everything, we are now buying skeletons. Do you mean the Pen tool on the left?

~~Urlee~~

Bookmark   March 3, 2006 at 7:42AM
Zipper_TX

Thank you ladies, I was so confused about the name change. I finally found the tool bar for all the tools last night but when I posted the question I was getting frustrated thinking that all this version had to offer was photo editing. I have 7 8 and 9, but had never used X and it seems like they move two or three things with every version. I like version 8 but I had to get used to it too, argh!!

Which version do I need to key in for X to use animation shop? I don't really hate change, but this is getting to me hehehe.

Bookmark   March 3, 2006 at 8:53AM
urlee

Zipper,
Animation shop is a separate program that works with ALL PSP versions. It came with your 7,8,& 9.
I have the icon on my task bar for quick click to bring it up when I need it.

~~Urlee~~

Bookmark   March 3, 2006 at 9:58AM
Zipper_TX

Thanks Urlee, I guess the problem I'm having with all this is because I have this new computer and the only version of psp on it so far is X. I'll have to load the other versions to get AS. I think I should have stuck with 7 lol.

Bookmark   March 3, 2006 at 10:04AM
stardom

I use PSPX and love it, it takes a while to find your way around, its quite an achievement when you have. I use animation shop, I keep both in my toolbar and switch. There is a patch for PSP10.03 which enables you to configure unused commands "update back to animation shop". I seem to manage with switching, no probs. Hope this helps a little.

Bookmark   July 26, 2006 at 3:15PM
More Discussions
test photo
just test pic
themaid
Design for master bathroom
We are in the process of a total home renovation. I...
trublu112
Questions about Epson PictureMate Photo Lab
I have an Epson PictureMate Personal Photo Lab for...
catherinet
Any tips for apple apps for room & closet/cabinet design?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could possibly recommend...
Hobby-Chef
Hi-res capable scanner
Newbie...apologize if this cross-post from computer...
Gwarstong
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™