Amusing tip

monicatxFebruary 2, 2011

Hi, It is very cold here in the Austin, TX area and my little 15 pound dog is unhappy. Her ears are cold and blankets don't help. So today I took the Salvation Army cashmere sweater that I bought even tho it had 3 small holes in it and covered her. Yes, I machine washed it in a mesh bag. She is sooooo happy.

Wednesdays are their 1/2 price off clothing day so it cost me about $2.50. Pet store beds and blankets are extremely pricey - so I think I have created a new idea. Pamper your pets with $175. Neiman Marcus cashmere. By the way, I just checked and her ears are now warm.

MonicaTX

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
monicatx

A follow up: I went back to Salvation Army this afternoon and bought two more cashmere sweaters. Tonight, after they dry from washing, I will make my dog a patchwork cashmere throw. Beige, coral and black. It will be machine washable with a total cost of $7.00.

MonicaTX

Bookmark   February 2, 2011 at 5:15PM
colorcrazy

Monica, that is a great idea. I am going to look this weekend. They can be made into hats and mittens, too! (For people, I mean, LOL! I don't have a dog any more - DH is allergic to them.)

Bookmark   February 2, 2011 at 9:33PM
trishohiozone5_6

Sounds great to me. Whoever had the sweaters was putting on the dog when they wore them, now your putting them on the dog.;)
Trish

Bookmark   February 5, 2011 at 10:46AM
joyfulguy

Hi trishohiozone5-6,

Is that what they call a "trend reversal"?

Or just a new style for a new season? In ordinary circumstances, to keep the style watchers' tongues clicking ... and the sellers of fashions in business.

ole joyful

Bookmark   February 8, 2011 at 6:47PM
lawrenceherbert63

hats and mittens made from those salvation army jackets look really good, it is indeed a good idea, would like to know if someone can actually use them for some different purpose.

Bookmark   February 9, 2011 at 6:32AM
mommabird

I bought a cashmere sweater at Goodwill for $4. It is beautiful - light pink cardigan. I get compliments every time I wear it!

Bookmark   February 17, 2011 at 8:43PM
More Discussions
How to Retire 35 Years Early
Wall Street Journal's Market Watch did a feature on...
jrb451
Need Ideas-Extra Space/Supplemental Income
My wife and I recently had twins which upped our kid...
TomNewEngland
Money saving idea
Start deep cleaning your home. It is amazing the things...
ellendi
Saving money when using an air condiioner or dehumidifier
This will actually save you money only if you pay for...
joyfulguy
kitchen sink size???
What is the best size for a kitchen sink? I am thinking...
abekker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™