Digital pic will not print in color

fredda5018March 30, 2005

I take pics with a Kodak Easyshare dX 4530. Their s/ware is on my machine. I am trying to print a digital photo with my lexmark Z32 printer. The pic will not print with any color in it, as if it is a b/w pic. I have printed color photos before with this s/ware and granted the colors were not as bright as they might have been, at least you could tell they were in color. I have tried Kodak paper and an off brand. All setting are same as before. My cartridges are full in printer. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks, fredda

Tried printing a regular page with regular paper and the color works fine.

I had this posted on the computer forum, guess I was in the wrong place. I have been all around the Kodak site and can't find an answer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kyry

Sorry I can't be of any help Fredda, I have an older Sony Mavica camera, it uses a floppy disc, I just insert that into my computer and use either HP software or PSP to print out my copies. Don't know much about the Easyshare.
Hopefully someone else here might use that, is that the one that you put the camera in and then print out of the base of it?
Carol

Bookmark   March 31, 2005 at 6:32PM
jacksmum

Can you plug the camera directly into the computer (USB Port) and access the photos that way? If you can then try different software and see if that helps.

I know I plug our camera into the USB port in my husbands computer and XP recognises it as a drive on the computer and lets me view, move, delete etc from there. Then I save the ones I want to print to play with later using Paint shop pro and print from there.

Sorry I'm not much help either.
Sue.

Bookmark   April 1, 2005 at 2:51AM
fredda5018

Thanks for the replies. The prob is that my Lexmark z32 printer will not print my pics in color on photo paper. Printer will print color on reg paper from any other site. Am waiting for an answer from Kodak.
fredda

Bookmark   April 1, 2005 at 8:25AM
fredda5018

I think I fixed it. I just told the s/ware that I was using a better Kodak photo paper( when I am not) and the Kodak s/ware seems to set the printer for it. So far, so good. Thought someone might have the same prob and want to try this.
fredda

Bookmark   April 2, 2005 at 2:35PM
jacksmum

Thanks for letting us know Fredda.
Hope it will all run smoothly for you now.

Bookmark   April 3, 2005 at 12:24AM
More Discussions
PSP9 Graphic
I made this banner several years ago using PSP9. I...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
Looking for a new photo sharing site
I've used Photobucket for years, but I find the new...
SnailLover
test photo
just test pic
themaid
Rec's for Image Hosting Site?
I'd like to post images on message boards/forums for...
shazzjazz
Installing ACDSee Pro2
Hi, I have the ACDSee Pro2 photo editing software CD...
sfhill
Sponsored Products
Small Hot Pink Velvet & Sequins Standard Rocker
$59.99 | zulily
Sonax All Weather Wicker Textured Black L-Shaped Chair - L-103-TPP
$649.00 | Hayneedle
Secure Blue Cleo 16" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Darya Rugs Ottoman, Rose, 4'1" x 6'2" M1776-89
Bitterroot Bit and Spur
Brown Fish Figure IV
$179.00 | FRONTGATE