interior doors - craftsman style

ktrudNovember 28, 2009

I am looking for 3 panel craftsman style doors, and wondering if anyone has had any experience with Lemieux doors? We are looking at doug fir doors right now, but because they are a bit expensive we are also looking at primed white doors. These are hard to find in the shaker style!

Any thoughts? Pics? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
macv

Simpson has what you need.

Here is a link that might be useful: Simpson doors

Bookmark   November 28, 2009 at 4:11PM
macv

Here is another source.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftsman doors

Bookmark   November 28, 2009 at 4:29PM
ktrud

thanks - I have looked at Simpson - for a primed 3 panel door it's close to 300 each....guess I'm looking for a much more economical choice. If you have any, please let me know!

Thanks!

Bookmark   November 29, 2009 at 8:27PM
robinst

We just installed three-panel doors in our house. I think I paid $136 each and the bifolds were $100 each per door (so for a full closet it was $400!). I thought it was expensive but they really look fanastic. I used a local company in London, Ontario (North Pole Trim) but I know you can special order them from Home Depot (at least you can in Canada).

Bookmark   November 30, 2009 at 11:49AM
Circus Peanut

Mine are douglass fir 4-panel from Rogue Valley Doors, in Oregon (I got a real deal on somebody's builder's rejected order) -- but when I asked about matching them, my local lumberyard guy says he can get the same quality for much less from a local Maine manufacturer. You might try the old established lumberyards in your area (not the big box stores) to see what's available for you?

Bookmark   December 2, 2009 at 9:01AM
staceyneil

circuspeanut.... which lumberyard? Rufus Deering? Do you know which mill? My salesman at RD had no ideas other than Brosco when I asked him for similar (we're doing 5-panel horizontal square sticking). I ended up ordering some primed engineered doors from HD, which I'd have preferred not to do. I'll need more next year though, so am looking for another source. (You may recall we got our first batch at MBE for a few dollars each!)

Bookmark   December 5, 2009 at 8:20AM
Circus Peanut

hey Stacy -- yes, it was Rufus Deering. The "door guy" (Ken? Chris? argh, I'm terrible with names) said that if I was interested in Rogue Valley, he thought "Windsor Doors" would be similar. But come to think of it, I can't recall if that was for interior or exterior doors -- ack, sorry. I'll try to find my notes from that convo.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up more of those MBE specials when I had the chance; I was there when they were first delivered and they had dozens. Bad pic, but mine are the 4-panel style:

Bookmark   December 5, 2009 at 10:06PM
critterfixer93

In the throes of remodeling including replacing all the interior doors. Found these online - solid wood no veneers over MDF - reasonably priced got them 2 weeks ago and they are gorgeous! We got the 3 panel style w/ flat panels and square sticking -(3 even horizontal panels - I got outvoted on the traditional craftsman 3 panel 1 horizontal over 2 vertical panels)

Here is a link that might be useful: Allegheny Wood Works

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 12:26AM
More Discussions
Learning to read plans and drawings
We are embarking on the design phase for a remodel...
Susan Taylor Brown
Laying tile without cement board?
We pulled some tile up in several spaces. The tile...
nostalgicfarm
Plaster Ceiling - cut and sheetrock or sheetrock over
We are remodeling our house and have taken down a wall...
barb50
Build an Addition, Move, or Stick it out?
We live in a land-locked area with high real estate prices....
neverlandpirate
Getting ready to remodel the second floor, where to start?
We are beginning to interview contractors. Would like...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™