new pixel doll

amy_z6_swpaMarch 30, 2005

I know I really need to start posting tags and siggies again, but I've just been so wrapped up in my pixel dolls lately. I did do a few tags from Kat Korner though....

here is a new one I made last night, for a hobby contest. It's of me as a birder (birdwatcher), complete with a field guide. :)

Body base by DHF

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
reduc500

WOW!!!!!!!!!
Judy

Bookmark   March 30, 2005 at 10:43AM
kyry

Now that is really an accomplishment! They seem to be so time consuming, and you do such beautiful work.
Carol

Bookmark   March 31, 2005 at 6:33PM
amy_z6_swpa

Thanks Judy & Carol! Yes, each doll takes at least a few hours. A lot more if you make your own body base first. That doll took me about 2-3 hours. The shading seemed to go quickly compared to my other dolls.

I made my second Arwen Evenstar doll & costume yesterday, for a contest:

Body base by DHF That one took about 4\-5 hours, even though I started with the basic dress outline I'd already made from my first Arwen doll (which was of her coronation gown). I ended up having to redraw and rework almost the whole dress due to the different design elements of it. Then I made all new hair because it was a different style than at the coronation. :)

Sorry for rambling!

Bookmark   March 31, 2005 at 10:26PM
Summer_NH

Ohhh, I love those Amy! I just love dolls and also the ones they call dollz, like the one on my sig tag. Love them all!

Bookmark   April 1, 2005 at 12:09AM
jacksmum

Ooooooo Amy please ramble away. I'm totally impressed and love seeing and hearing about your dolls
Sue :)

Bookmark   April 1, 2005 at 5:33AM
amy_z6_swpa

Thanks Summer & Sue. Summer you make great dollz tags. That style of doll (called preps, I think) was the first style ever made, and there are so many things to choose from for those, it's really neat. People who make preps must spend entire days or weeks just making clothing LOL

That Arwen doll was challenging because the upper half of the dress & sleeves had specific patterns to them. And doing those long sleeves is never fun! LOL especially Arwen's coronation gown, because the sleeves go almost to the floor. I'm still trying to perfect those.

If anyone would like to see all my dolls I have a website devoted to dolling, it's here :) that way I won't clog up the graphics forum with too many dolls.

I think I'll browse thru Kat Korner later today and make some new sig tags! :)

Bookmark   April 1, 2005 at 10:13AM
More Discussions
Design for master bathroom
We are in the process of a total home renovation. I...
trublu112
Rec's for Image Hosting Site?
I'd like to post images on message boards/forums for...
shazzjazz
Gotta get new computer.. What PSP will work?
I have XP & gonna have to get a new computer &...
sugar_fl
Crape myrtle black dots
Just had trees delivered today. My crape myrtle has...
wezzie321
Corel draw trace help
I have Corel Draw 12. Need help learning how to use...
Seamer1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™