Help! Hardiplank installation problems
I recently hired a gold-certified Hardiplank installer to replace the siding on my house. They removed my old siding last week and began installing the new siding yesterday. There have been several problems already. What is the best way to get this stuff installed correctly?
A partial list of problems follows:
1) Siding is face nailed, not blind nailed as specified in contract
2) Nails are deeply overdriven throughout
3) Some pieces of siding and trim are cracked, chipped, or otherwise damaged
4) Gaps around pipes/cables are very large and poorly done
5) Guest bathroom window is no longer flush with wall
6) Too many nails throughout (on siding as well as trim)
7) Trim improperly installed along bottom of wall in one place (should not need trim here)
8) Many nails are not driven perpendicular; some are hammered flat sideways on the siding
9) Many areas of the house are still exposed to weather with no house wrap (since last week)
- Trim leaves holes along interface between siding and masonry. Also not flush with garage doors.