central vac installation

megdvmNovember 5, 2011

Hi, We've been undergoing a major remodeling our home. We had an Electrolux that has worked well for many years (and was still working). The house is set up for 2 central vacs (one in the original house and a second for the addition). With the addition the electrician pushed for a NuTone central vac over the Electrolux. The rough in and outlets for both old and new were done for the NuTone brand. So far, we don't even have a unit, but attached the inlet plates and are not happy with the quality. It is an electrified unit, CI390 and the cover plate doesn't close well.

Is it possible to jump ship and go to a different central vac system by just changing the inlets? We haven't yet purchased the NuTone so aren't committed yet, and the electrician is no longer on the job. Along that thought are there other brands we should consider?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
danvirsse

By all means you can still make changes. The brand of outlets rare affect the brand of the unit. I've been very satisfied working with Central Vac in Florida. They recommended Imperium (sp?) which is a Canadian brand.

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
Ideas on changing floorplan / budget remodel for family home.
Hello; We are a family of five. Currently our oldest...
newdawn2001
Learning to read plans and drawings
We are embarking on the design phase for a remodel...
Susan Taylor Brown
Remodel for your taste vs possible sale
We plan to be in our house for 4-5 more years. It's...
thbennet
Build an Addition, Move, or Stick it out?
We live in a land-locked area with high real estate prices....
neverlandpirate
Structural Engineer - What do I need to Know?
I'm planning a kitchen gut/remodel in my three-story,...
Carrie B
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™