Master Bath with door to deck?

boymama2November 23, 2009

Has anyone ever heard of or seen a master bathroom with doors leading to a deck? We are remodeling our Master bedroom/bath and are trying to determine the best layout. We have a post and beam home to we are trying to make the most of the ceiling lines. Any thoughts on having a door to a deck in the bathroom? We could have the bedroom part with the door leading to the deck, but are thinking due to the layout it would be better to have the bathroom in that area. We want to make sure what we do would not be offensive to potential buyers should we ever need to sell the home. Thanks for your thoughts!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9

Maybe if I saw your floor plan I'd think this was ok, but, on the face of it, it sounds weird. Generally, when you have to go through a second room to get to something, it does not represent optimum design.

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 2:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ckstjamj22

Is it the only door to the deck? Or an additional door to the deck? I wouldn't want to have to go through the mbath to get to a deck, but when we added a new mbath to our current home, we put a door from the bath to the pool deck. It's not the only door however; the pool is also accessible via the family room. This is not an uncommon layout here in Florida.

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 5:53PM
More Discussions
Learning to read plans and drawings
We are embarking on the design phase for a remodel...
Susan Taylor Brown
Help! Ceilings are dipping!
I don't know if this is just an unusual series of events...
andrelaplume2
Cutting a notch into rafters to push LVLs into the ceiling?
We have a load-bearing wall we'd like to remove. We...
progressnerd
Inquiry into Counterfeit Faucet Certification Marks.
Faucets sold in North America are regulated. They are...
StarCraft Custom Builders
Build an Addition, Move, or Stick it out?
We live in a land-locked area with high real estate prices....
neverlandpirate
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™