Can't find the Browse option

tony41February 23, 2007

I can find the Browse option in Test Form but when I want to post in a particular message board I can't find the Browse option only the Optional Link URL box?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kyry

I'm sorry Tony, not quite sure what you mean by browse option. Do you mean Search? If so it is on the first page of any of the forums at the bottom, after the messages. You will see "Search this forum or entire site" right before "Post a Message to the Forum section".
Carol

Bookmark   February 24, 2007 at 8:50AM
tony41

When adding diagram or picture to message. Where is the browse box/option so a person can find files/pictures & transfer from their computer to be included with message? I found this Browse Box in the Test Forum Message Board but not in anyother.

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 9:02PM
kyry

You cannot post an image unless it is available to the Internet in general.
Your home computer is NOT available to everyone on the net.
Therefore the image you want MUST be on an Internet server somewhere.
You can store photos in Photobucket, some IP's provide storage also. In these storage places you will find a browse button that you can find the picture on your own computer. MSN forums do have a browse button that allow you to add your own picture to a message so you are actually using thier storage space.
With THS, this forum is part of that, you need to first put your picture, diagram etc. somewhere on line, then go to that site get it, hi-lite the the url it is on and use this html code: (img src="your url") but instead of the ( ) use to enclose your url.
The "optional link url" below this message box is to post a link to another web page i.e. where a tuturial is to be found. You do more or less the same thing, hi-lite the url the tut is on, copy it and then paste it into the "optional link url" box then below that is the "name of the link" box just type what the name of the tut, or whatever it is called and you will get a link to show in your message that will say: Here is a link that might be useful: it makes it easy for anyone who would like to see that page by just clicking on that link.
Now that I have made myself as "clear as mud" (I am not good at explaining things) so if anyone recognizes any mistakes I have made, please correct them.
Better yet I am posting a link for you with lots of good advice from someone named Pooh Bear who really has his stuff together!!!!!
Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Pooh Bears FAQ's

Bookmark   February 27, 2007 at 8:36AM
tony41

I wonder why when posting pictures on E-bay they can be downloaded straight from you own computer? Of course after you Browse & find the file then there must be upload from your computer to EBay.
Garden webs test form has a browse option or at least I found that one time.

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 11:27AM
kyry

Hi Tony,
I don't know why, it certainly would make it much easier.
Carol

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 3:36PM
tony41

Thanks Carol

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 8:26PM
kyry

You are quite welcome Tony. Do you use PSP? If so would love for you to join us. If not, you should give it a try, you can download a trial version. You can get lots of help learning right here, most of us have learned by using beginners tuts and I know I for one have several links that could direct you. C'mon it really is fun!
Carol

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 8:30AM
More Discussions
color matching
Hi. This is a color question. I am in the market for...
daisymaewi5
Gotta get new computer.. What PSP will work?
I have XP & gonna have to get a new computer &...
sugar_fl
Reduc500 Judy is very ill
Hi Everyone, I am trying to contact all those who might...
thirdfrt
Installing ACDSee Pro2
Hi, I have the ACDSee Pro2 photo editing software CD...
sfhill
Tape to CD or SD card
Some years ago I found an old 8mm movie of family taken...
davestexas
Sponsored Products
Holly & Martin Mofta Black Electric Fireplace
Overstock.com
LightIt! Wall Mounted Antique Bronze Craftsman LED Porch Light 32001-107
$79.99 | Home Depot
Aphrodite I 5-Tier Chandelier by Trend Lighting
$2,190.00 | Lumens
Pink Hello Kitty Daisy Apron - Girls
$11.99 | zulily
White Floor Lamps: 1-Light 60 in. White Floor Lamp with White Fabric Shade CLI-L
Home Depot
Face Cloth - NATURAL (FACE TOWEL)
$9.00 | Horchow
Mocha p848m Undermount AstraGranite Sink
PLFixtures
Surya KAB801 Kabru Area Rug - KAB8016-23
$147.60 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™