Craftsman garage opener remote problems

schafe246March 7, 2012

Hey!!

I have a 5 year old opener where the remotes seem to have stopped working. It still works with the inside hard wired button. I had 2 remotes that worked and now neither one does - I find it hard to believe they both failed at the same time. I have tried to reprogram the RX in the head unit with no success. I bought a new remote and the RX would not detect it. I tried holding the learn button for a few seconds to erase its memory which also did not work. I also unplugged it for a few seconds which also did not work. The strange thing is the outside keypad remote does work.

I hate to scrap a basically good opener if all I need is a new RX board or something like that.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

What is the make and model number of the opener and all three remotes?

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 1:48PM
schafe246

The opener is a Craftsman 1/2hp. 41AC150-2. Made on 6/07. The wireless keypad remote is PN 139.53754-01 or possibly KE2227 - this works. The remotes are 139.53753 or possibly TX2028 - neither of these work. I purchased a new remote from Sears PN 139-30498 which also does not work. All of the remotes have black buttons.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 11:48AM
don_1_2006

Is the light in the wall control flashing. If so, press and hold the lock button for 3 seconds. If you hold the learn button for 6 seconds it should erase all the memory and none of the remotes including the keypad should work. If not, I think you have a bad logic board but also a weird problem.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 4:20PM
schafe246

Yep, I've tried both of those ideas. I think I'm going to have to replace it.

Bookmark   March 10, 2012 at 12:35AM
More Discussions
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
dahoov2
Craftsman Garage Door opener won't close
Hello, Wife came home today and was able to open garage...
mattb32
Siding advice for chimney
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice. Yesterday...
andreadeg
Garage door wont open, no other way into garage
Hi all, I've a unique problem here. I had a problem...
wheelie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™