Locket advice

stardomFebruary 18, 2007

Why, when using the deformation tool,does it blur the image, even when sharpened, still looks blurred.

Why have I not got a nice clean edge on the locket, its jagged. Your comments would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flutteringby

Hazel,
Lovely locket...are you following a tut?....got the url handy?...thought I'd try & duplicate what's happening in your image...

Are both your images (the locket & the photo) clean & clear before you use the deform tool?...maybe try putting the locket (before you use the deform tool) on a colored background to check...see if there's any jaggy's left behind....

I use the deform tool quite a bit & never had that happen before....always something new to keep us on our toes... : ))

Jan

Bookmark   February 18, 2007 at 7:10PM
stardom

Thankyou for responding, I did the tut some time ago, can't find the url, I keep practising, but I still get the blurred, rough edge look. The locket is drawn with the eclipse preshape tool and then just coloured in gold.I will try putting images on a coloured background (good idea of yours)to see what shows up.
When you are using the deformation tool, what setting should you have it on free scale sheer etc.I am a right idiot on this, we just do not get on this tool and me.Hazel

Bookmark   February 19, 2007 at 8:36AM
flutteringby

I also used the elipse preshape tool, gold fill for background & black for foreground.....I got a nice clean edge....

A couple of thoughts....

If you've been using your deform tool for different tuts, maybe the settings have been changed.....try resetting them back to the factory default settings...

Here are the settings for my deform tool....

Hope this helps....

Did you find any jaggy's when you used a colored background?...

FlutteringBy

Bookmark   February 19, 2007 at 8:47PM
stardom

Jaggy's much better when I used a coloured background, taken note of your settings for deformation tool, will try again. Thank you so much for your help Jan.Hazel

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 11:18AM
flutteringby

You're very welcome..... : ))

Keep working at it & you WILL get it sorted....you just never know, the deformation tool might turn out to be your favourite item.....lol....

Jan

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 8:39PM
kyry

Hazel, I was just looking at your "Opening a Portal". You seemed to have mastered the deformation tool with that one. I didn't even give that one a try. You did a beautiful job on it.
Carol

Bookmark   February 22, 2007 at 1:34PM
More Discussions
Free software download needed for photo's
Looking for Free software to add animations on top...
aputernut
color matching
Hi. This is a color question. I am in the market for...
daisymaewi5
Installing ACDSee Pro2
Hi, I have the ACDSee Pro2 photo editing software CD...
sfhill
test photo
just test pic
themaid
Gotta get new computer.. What PSP will work?
I have XP & gonna have to get a new computer &...
sugar_fl
Sponsored Products
Linens: For Every Room Book
$55.00 | Horchow
Couristan Recife Veranda Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug - Natural/Terra Cotta Multicolo
$69.00 | Hayneedle
Round Resin Madison Planter - A114080
$59.99 | Hayneedle
Possini Euro Geneva 16" Wide Crystal Ceiling Light
Euro Style Lighting
'Trust in the Lord' Framed Wall Art
$27.99 | zulily
Novelty Lamps: Ionic Crystal Natural Salt Basket Lamp - Wide (8-10lbs) 1301
$29.97 | Home Depot
Single-Tier Elmar Locker
$149.99 | zulily
DENY Designs Leah Flores Let's Run Away III Outdoor Throw Pillow - 14894-OTHRP18
$49.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™