Questions for 'water savers'
I've been reading about some of you save water from waiting for the sink or shower to warm up to use for other tasks. All I can think of is how much time and energy it would take me to:
1. Keep a bucket in each shower.
2. Figure out the best placement for it while the water runs each time.
3. Convince dh and chidlren to do it.
4. Carry the full buckets of water down the stairs and
5. Actually remember to use them for various tasks.
I'm wondering if some of you live in water shortage areas, are concerned about the amount of water in your wells, or pay high prices for water in your area.
Both my dh and I work full time outside the home and all this water saving I'm reading about seems like it would take a long time. I do little versions such as: fill a pitcher with cold water as I wait for it to warm and then water plants with it once a week or so, turn off water when brushing teeth, yell at kids to get out of the shower . . .
Maybe it's a Michigan thing, but we have municipal water, don't save bucketsfull of water, run lawn sprinklers all summer, etc . . . Our bills aren't all that much money to bother worrying about.