Lighting inside upper glass cabinets

kam76April 16, 2013

I have seen some of you have small upper glass cabinets similar to this picture that are lit from the inside. Did you have can lights installed in the top of the cabinet or is it some sort of special inner cabinet lighting?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
torontotim

Here's mine. I used LED puck lights - dimmable. One in each of the upper cabinets, centered. The full glass cabinets got 2 pucks in each one.

Also used the same pucks for under cabinet lighting on a different switch.

LED is the way to go - no heat.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 3:09AM
mpagmom

We also used LED puck lights, but we only used one in each 36 inch cabinet. Mine are from WAC Lighting, model HR-85. They required a transformer, and we used WAC Lighting LED-350MA09-RB. One transfotmer could be used for up to three puck lights. We didn't use the puck lights for our under cabinet lighting. For that we used the LUL series from American Fluorescent (they are LED as well), which did not require a transformer.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 5:50AM
wi-sailorgirl

We just got our in-cabinet and undercabinet lights installed yesterday. We used strip LEDs although I don't have brand information for you. We used the same lights we used for under the cabinets although we put them on separate switches. The dimmers for LEDs are so expensive that we opted to only go with the dimmer for the in-cabinet lights but not for the undercabinets. I have a feeling we are going to regret that decision ... those undercabinets are pretty bright. Anyway, I'm loving the lights in the cabinets and I like that you can't see them like you would a puck light in the top.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 4:13PM
More Discussions
Alternate granite idea to replace Cambrian black I had been planning?
My DH is killing me. We are doing white cabinets and...
happyallison
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
Colored Wine Glasses Truly Dishwasher Safe
We are looking for some nice wine glasses that are...
curmudgeon10
Very cool island sink with retractable faucet
Has anyone seen this Sink by Blanco? It is made to...
Dietitian
Really want to improve my kitchen layout…
I was hoping to get some ideas as to how to layout...
lisakro
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™