Quilts for Kids -thanks Rosajoe!

mary_c_gwDecember 9, 2009

I signed up for one of their quilt kits. It came within a week. It was accurately cut, and it allowed me to use up some offcuts of batting.

I will be mailing the quilt from their kit, plus one of my own in the next couple of days. I must say, it was wonderful to have all the strips pre-cut, especially since is was in a creative constipation mode, LOL.

Here's the quilt from them, and the flash didn't go off for the first:

And this is the one I did from my stash:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
new2quilting

Fun quilts. Was all the fabric for top, binding and backing in the kit, or what did you need to provide to finish it? I love your quilting as well!

Bookmark   December 9, 2009 at 11:50PM
mary_c_gw

They provided all the fabric, pre-cut in strips for the 4 patch blocks and the 2 borders, the focus fabric cut in squares, and the backing. They also sent the pattern instructions. All I added was the batting and the labor, of course. Here's the website, if anyone is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilts for Kids

Bookmark   December 10, 2009 at 2:02PM
lola99

I like your quilts and your quilting is stunning as usual. Thanks for posting your pictures. I also appreciate your info on the accuracy of the kit.

Lola

Bookmark   December 10, 2009 at 10:44PM
rosajoe_gw

You are welcome Mary!!! I love both quilts. I can't wait to start on mine, but my quilting will be a FAR cry from yours LOL!
Making baby quilts make me smile too!
Rosa

Bookmark   December 12, 2009 at 2:37PM
cannahavana

I ordered a kit last Friday and received it today. It is so cute! Looks like this one will be for a baby. I am really excited to start on it. Yesterday, I started on one from my stash to go along with it.

I told my sister about it and she ordered one and has also told her church sewing group about the charity.

Rebecca

Bookmark   December 16, 2009 at 12:29PM
mary_c_gw

Rebecca, good for you!

I did check all the strips and squares for my pattern before starting to sew. There were a few mis-cuts, but only by 1/16 - 1/8", and they were on the squares, not the strips. So if you get a kit with large squares, do check them. It only takes a couple of minutes, and makes the piecing so much easier.

I enjoyed making these little quilts more than I can say, LOL. It's nice to have a quick, simple, yet cheerful project to do, especially during a "creative constipation" time. The fact it goes to cheer up a sick child is the icing on the cake.

My two were mailed off two days ago. I will send for another kit after the New Year.

Bookmark   December 16, 2009 at 9:45PM
love2sew

Your quilts are adorable. It is nice to step away from our usual projects and do something quite different, especially when it will cheer up a child.
Jeane

Bookmark   December 17, 2009 at 10:45AM
cannahavana

I haven't had a chance to pull the pieces out and check. The pattern I received is the same as yours.

This is the perfect project for me. I am over making bed sized quilts for now and was looking for smaller projects. Plus, having cancer myself this past year also puts into perspective what these children are feeling and being scared. There were many days that all I did was wrap up in my favorite quilt to comfort myself. I just love the thought of giving that comfort to someone else!

Rebecca

Bookmark   December 17, 2009 at 2:28PM
Triantaflo_Aol_Com

Saw your posting from 12/09 re: Accucut machine. Did you buy it? How do you like it? I have depth preception problems and arthritis, and am looking for help with cutting. Getting older isn't for wussys!
Would appreciate your thoughts,
Sue T.

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 12:22PM
day2day

Those are delightful quilts! They are sure to please some little ones. Your quilting is beautiful. TFS.

~Geraldine

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 12:42PM
More Discussions
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
2015 Lotto Blocks
Finished Feb. Lotto block and want to get started on...
ibquiltn4fun
March 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Our March came in like a lamb. How about where you...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Fun idea, but need help.
I am an occasional, novice, quilter and am making a...
beteacher
Oh my!
Switching over to Houzz very challenging! I sure hope...
nannykins
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™