metal to glass, what kind of glue?

socksFebruary 11, 2012

The glass top floor lamp had a little "brass" fence rail around the edge of the glass, held in place by brass posts with holes in them to hold the rail. Over the years, the little posts have loosened from the glue which held them in place (aided by the fingers of a curious 16 month old). What kind of glue could I use to replace the posts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo


    Bookmark   February 11, 2012 at 3:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you. I don't know what epoxy is but I found something at the hardware store, mix two tubes together. Said glass and metal. Thanks again.

    Bookmark   February 11, 2012 at 6:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

"mix two tubes together"

That is very likely epoxy.

The short setting epoxy ('5 minute') is often not very waterproof, but this does not sound like a 'wet' application.

    Bookmark   February 12, 2012 at 12:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I would use the gel type super glue that they use to glue the rearview mirror on the windshield of a car

    Bookmark   February 13, 2012 at 2:40AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
Would patio foundation cracks affect the house foundation?
Hi i have a question and i hope that you can answer...
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
Insulating an inaccessible crawl space?
My 1940s bungalow style house sits on a crawl space...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™