Who do i call for exterior wood refinishing?

azladyFebruary 3, 2009

Hope I'm posting this in the right place...

We are considering buying a home (built in 1982), it is a Santa Fe type style with exposed beams outside. The wood has been painted and we don't like the color they painted it, it doesn't look natural at all.

What type of professional would I need to call to scrape off the old paint and re-stain it to a more natural tone? There is a lot of this to work on and I need to know how much something like that would cost us to determine what we want to make an offer on the home for.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Coincidently enough, you would call a painter.

    Bookmark   February 3, 2009 at 12:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks Ron, I will give that a go. I'm sure this job won't be inexpensive to do...

    Bookmark   February 3, 2009 at 2:34PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
damp/ruined dry wall in window corners
I need help with a plan or how to for fixing and repairing...
Should we raise/fix concrete slab in driveway or wait?
Just moving into a new house this month. So the inspector...
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
Leaning picket fence
I recently purchased my house and for whatever reason,...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™