Are you 65 & on disability?

gajopaJuly 6, 2007

I can not find the answer to my question on the Medicare web site. I will be 65 next month and I would like to know if I will continue receiving the same amount as now or does it revert to the amount I would have drawn had I not become disabled (which would not be as much). Also, I pay a good bit more for supplement insurance because I'm disabled. Will that change to the same as other people that are 65? I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

I can answer your first question: No, the amount you are receiving for disability will be the same after you turn 65

Bookmark   July 12, 2007 at 7:37PM
gajopa

Thank you very much, devorah. I was a bit concerned about this. Anyone else know about the cost of insurance?

Bookmark   July 14, 2007 at 12:27PM
jannie

People who are getting Social Security Disability Benefits when they reach full retirement age will continue to receive the same benefits, with the exception that the Medicare premium will be deducted, and then your net check will be rounded down to the nearest whole dollar.

Bookmark   July 19, 2007 at 8:47AM
gajopa

Thanks for responding, Jannie. I've had Medicare since 2 years after I became disabled so I'm used to the Medicare being deducted. The supplement insurance was what I was concerned about since all these years I've been paying $190/mo for BC but my DH only pays $116. I got the answer in the mail yesterday from BC saying mine would go down to $116 next month when I'm 65. That's a relief.

Bookmark   July 19, 2007 at 11:05AM
More Discussions
neighbors dumpster
This is not an appropriate topic for this forum but...
victory_tea2085
Has anyone gone through probate in Alabama?
Hi. I live with my Mom who is 95, in Huntsville, Alabama....
Candace Seaton
Elderly mother cancelled her long-term care policy
Apparently, the premiums were increasing significantly...
jewelisfabulous
Retirement Property in PA
looking for retirement property in Pennsylvania, preferably...
Karen10125
Already own or buying a condo in Florida?
Beware! http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/america-tonight/articles/2015/2/6/florida-condo-law.html...
jewelisfabulous
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Area Rug: Veranda Creme/Brown 8' x 11.2'
Home Depot
Uptown Lounge Chair
$649.99 | Dot & Bo
A19 Lighting | Gran Andros Downlight Wall Sconce
$105.99 | YLighting
Jackie Floor Lamp by Grupo B.lux
$809.45 | Lumens
Latitude´┐Ż Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Kid Essentials - Teen Area Rug
$255.95 | Bellacor
Hand-Tufted Ann Wool Abstract Area Rug (8' x 10' Kidney)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™