Question about Medicare

doterooJuly 12, 2010

I'm very confused on choosing a Part B provider. I've been looking at a plan with one company and my daughter who is a nurse says she has no faith in the doctors that accept Medicare under this plan. According to my understanding there are only 5 doctors for our county. If I went with another insurance company would the doctors be different?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doteroo

I found my own answer. I'd delete the post but can't figure out how. Sorry!

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 11:21AM
maifleur01

But it is a question that many in areas with few doctors do wonder about. Although only hubby is on Medicare because of problems with current insurance company I will be moving to a different carrier. But the carrier must cover the doctors hubby already sees. So far none cover all of them so I too much do investigation of similar problem

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 11:00PM
doteroo

This is what I found out but it may or may not help you. I was looking at two plans with Humana. It was the more expensive plan and the 5 doctors have agree to accept medicare patients. With the other plan which is a few dollars cheaper you can choose your own doctor but only if they are willing to accept the plan. This is the most confusing mess I've ever seen!!!!

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 2:27PM
vala55

What ever you look at compare it's price with BCBS supplemental. I have medicare and BCBS and pay nothing but the premiums. Between both insurances I don't even pay the deductibles. No papers to fill out, you can use any doctor or hospital you want.

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 3:59PM
itsmesuzq

I have to make my choice in a couple of months (birthday is Dec) and I'm in a quandary as to stay with my HealthNet or change to something else. I like the idea that vala55 suggests, but where can I find out about the costs of the BCBS premiums? Do you think that AARP would have the info?

Yikes I thought this was going to be easy! lol

Thank you for any advise offered.

Susan

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 6:02PM
vala55

Just Google BCBS and see what you come up with. I don't know if it is offered everywhere. There was something about it moving out of Kansas a few years back, but still takes care of us because of the aircraft plant and it's many retires who have it.

Bookmark   August 5, 2010 at 11:27PM
doteroo

You might want to google Senior Educators. It's an insurance service. I went to their web site and left my number and a few minutes later a very nice gentleman called me. He called me several times and helped me pick out a plan and no it wasn't the most expensive either. They can tell you about any plan that's available in your area and they will follow up later at the proper time and see if you want to change your plan.

Bookmark   August 6, 2010 at 6:58AM
More Discussions
What's Pretirement mean?
Hi guys. I want to hear your thoughts about this. I...
artparcell
Rochester NY to North Carolina?
seriously considering move. NY is kind to pensions...
neversink4
Anyone considering retiring to Panama or Ecuador?
Hi! My husband and I are middle income and with the...
glenny56
What bothers you the most at your retirement home?
Hello. We are a group of graduate students at the University...
Philip87
social security benefits
I just reached age 62 and will continue to work full...
fuzzyapple
Sponsored Products
Upton Home Carson Oak Jewelry Armoire
Overstock.com
LBL Lighting | 24 Inch Diameter Circle Lbl Monorail Kit
$712.00 | YLighting
Pre-owned Victorian Asymmetrical Drake Chair
$499.00 | Chairish
Crosley Palm Harbor 3 Piece Outdoor Wicker Set - KO70004BR
$579.00 | Hayneedle
Detroit Tigers Garden Flag
$8.99 | zulily