Question for Sharon

maritime_lindaDecember 11, 2012

Hi Sharon, I was thinking about trying one of your neck warmers. I'm never sewn with polar fleece and was wondering if you use a special needle.

Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Hi Linda, No, I just use a regular needle. I don't like to make anything more difficult than it has to be. (grin) Just make sure the stretchy part goes the width of the fleece.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   December 11, 2012 at 10:27PM
maritime_linda

Ok....I like the way you think! Thanks for the tip on direction. I've been sewing most of today, but am having issues with my machine.....the stitch is just not right and no matter what I try it is not improving. It looks like a threading or tension issue. I've rethreaded the machine and bobbin a dozen times and tried changing the tension in either direction, but no improvement. I've changed the needle as well, although I'm not sure whether the one I put in is a new one or not. I'll pick up some new ones tomorrow. Very frustrating as I'm trying to finish up a couple of gifts. Decided to call it quits for the evening as I'm getting tired. I picked up some fleece yesterday, so will try one later this week or on the weekend. I'll let you know how it turned out.
Thanks again!
Linda

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 9:25PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Linda, Sometimes a good cleaning in the bobbin area helps when nothing else works.

Our granddaughter stopped in last night and, even though we live in Florida, she wants a neck warmer to wear when riding her motorcycle in the mountains of GA. Another gal wants one for the very same reason. Apparently, there's an area between their warm jackets and helmet that's a bit difficult to cover.....these are perfect......no ends flying in the breeze. LOL

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   December 14, 2012 at 9:02AM
More Discussions
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
2015 Lotto Blocks
Finished Feb. Lotto block and want to get started on...
ibquiltn4fun
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™