My Christmas tree

lindaoh_gwDecember 24, 2010

This year I decided to buy all new ornaments in gold color for my tree. My tree top angel no longer works, so I bought a large gold bow for the top.

All the years the kids were at home, I bought each of them a dated Hallmark ornament. I taught preschool for 11 years and accumulated a lot of cute ornaments as gifts. My tree was loaded with all those decorations. This year I didn't feel like opening all the boxes and then having to put them back after the holidays.

How do you decorate for the holidays?

Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: My gold tree

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolnv

Beautiful tree! We do colored lights, train ornaments, handmade ornaments I've done over the years, colored balls and swarovski stars! Merry Christmas!

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 8:53PM
nanajayne

Your tree is lovely. It must be fun to have the change.
As I am getting on in years and had accumulated way too many Christmas decorations 2 years ago I decided to have "Christmas In July" and offered more then 1/2 of my decorations to members of my family. I invited them to come together and choose those that would have meaning to them. I chose to keep my Santa collection--I now decorate my tree with only Santa themed orn. and red wooden cranberrys that circle the tree. There are a very few other special items that find their why on but Santa rules. We did buy a new tree this year as I wanted one that was a little smaller and easier to reach.
I find it a big job each year and takes several days both ways but enjoy it so much I still have my tree.
Merry Christmas all.
Jayne

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 11:56PM
nannykins

In my family, it is tinsel vs. no tinsel. The very first tree we ever had as a child had tinsel and so I go the tinsel route but the children go "bare". But all trees are lovely, no matter how they are decorated

Bookmark   December 25, 2010 at 8:34AM
More Discussions
March 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Our March came in like a lamb. How about where you...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Are you quilting this weekend? March 6-8
I hope to find time to work on some small wall hangings...
lindaoh_gw
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™