tv or couch quilt size

fincheloverDecember 21, 2010

I had this but lost it so can someone tell me the size. I can't even find the post

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
K8Orlando

I would make it whatever size fits your sofa. Big enough for an adult to nap under without feet, knees or backside sticking out! In our house, that's 6 feet long and at least 3 1/2 feet wide. That size also works great as a lap quilt for 2 adults sitting side by side on the sofa.

This is our current favorite napping quilt. The blocks are 12x12 and the sashing is 2" so its 72"x44".

Hope that helps!
Kate

Bookmark   December 21, 2010 at 9:47PM
K8Orlando

This one was made for a friend who is a small woman so the 32"x64" is just right for her.

Bookmark   December 21, 2010 at 9:59PM
finchelover

Thanks ladies,I worked on the quilt this afternoon and added a few more blocks. I landed up with42 wide 54long and haven't decided if I will put a border on or just bind it. I wanted to take it with me when i go to her house for Xmas but I may not make it. I may have to give it to her for there anniversary Jan 3.

Bookmark   December 22, 2010 at 5:12PM
rosajoe_gw

Gorgeous Kate!! Is the yellow backing minky??
I am 5'2" and I like my lap quilts to tuck under my feet. My sister does not, she says it makes her feet sweat lol!!!! Looking forward to pics!
Rosa

Bookmark   December 23, 2010 at 12:04PM
K8Orlando

Yes, it's minky. Soft, yummy minky. I'm a minky addict and not ashamed to admit it!

The purple quilt was made for a friend who requested something she could tuck her feet into so before I did the binding I attached a lined piece at the bottom on the back of the quilt to make a 15" deep foot pocket. I'm really sorry I didn't use minky for that but at the time I didn't think of it.

Kate

Bookmark   December 23, 2010 at 1:18PM
More Discussions
How about a QOTD ????
What is your bestest, most favorite, the "I never...
beth7happy
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™